NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Speedworld

Grape Ape

Might be going out to Speedworld this Sunday. A couple buddies of mine from work are going to be there and they asked if I wanted to go. So I will probably be out there. It's a long drive but can be pretty fun.

I think the gates open at 10 AM. I will be doing a few runs. Completely stock car but it's fun none the less. I hate to drive all that way and not run.

Do you know the cost??? I have not gotten to run the nitrous down the track yet and am really antsy to do this. I might have to work this into my weekend somehow...ok, make that need to. :lol

Where is Speedworld?

BTW..Are my eyes playing tricks on me or this a BLACK Corvette in your sig Ed?

Yeah it is, I wanted a new Z, color options available were Orange, Yellow, Black or Blue. The shade of blue is too light IMO. So I rolled w/the Black.

Back to topic :thumbs

Where is Speedworld?

BTW..Are my eyes playing tricks on me or this a BLACK Corvette in your sig Ed?

NW of Sun City. On 60 (Grand) about Jomax. About 3.5-4 hours away from you.

Do you know the cost??? I have not gotten to run the nitrous down the track yet and am really antsy to do this. I might have to work this into my weekend somehow...ok, make that need to. :lol

Hope you can make it. Would love to see what you can run with your setup. Last year the cost was $15 to Spectate and $25 to run. If it's not real busy, you could get 5-6 runs in pretty easily.

Yassir .. weather is finally coolin off a bit .. 90's feel almost cold!

*almost*

Much as I would like to, gonna have to wait a bit before hammerin the car again out there.

..and ya .. 'stock' for a Vette is still more fun than watchin TV :)

-Frank

Guest Sidewinder
After a few more break in miles I'll be out to join you boys! :3gears:

Ed,

Your Z was dynoed and "broken in" at the factory dude. You're good.

Just found this and put it on the calendar.

Maybe we should put this in the Events section??????

Andrew

It was kind of short notice when I posted it. This was not really planned out but more of a spur of the moment thing. I thought it would have been moved if I put it in the Events section and that is why I put it here. Seems a few can't make it out anyway. I just kind of threw it out there to see if some others would like to join us SWA Mechanics for some racing. Anyone that wants to show up still can though. Thanks.

Just found this and put it on the calendar.

Maybe we should put this in the Events section??????

Andrew

It was kind of short notice when I posted it. This was not really planned out but more of a spur of the moment thing. I thought it would have been moved if I put it in the Events section and that is why I put it here. Seems a few can't make it out anyway. I just kind of threw it out there to see if some others would like to join us SWA Mechanics for some racing. Anyone that wants to show up still can though. Thanks.

So...how was SpeedWorld? It has been YEARS since I made it out there. I live at 99th and Jomax so its actually really close for me. Last time I went out there it was mostly RiceRockets and Mufflerless cars running like 16s.

With luck I will be able to make it out to Speedworld more often next year.

I'd like to go out once a month ..wring the car out, have some fun :)

Prolly end up doing what I did with the Duster an other cars, ..

..dint show up till the car was ready to be hammered on :)

-Frank

I thought this would go under the carpet so to speak. Well, it was still kind of warm out there. None of the cars ran what they would in cooler weather. The Cutlass that was running was having some tranny problems so we made a short day of it. I ran twice and the others did 3-4 runs. My best run was 13.9 @ 104. Not my best but still had fun. The Cutlass had the fastest time but he juiced it on the last run. He had 13.1 and I'm not sure on the speed. I did go against the 2006 (?) Mustang a guy from work has. You will be happy to know that I beat him. I know, I would have never lived it down if I didn't. Here's the ticket from that race. We will be doing this again when it gets cooler out for sure.

1998Corvette-0336.jpg