NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

WTB

Guest 814V

I'm going to reopen this thread for discussion.

Derek (814V) started this thread in the General section as a "want to buy", it was noted that this thread should be moved to the For Sale / Wanted section. Now it's closed due to Derek's low post count.

When I moved this thread to this section I thought "well, that's one way to get a thread in the For Sale / Wanted section without 25 posts"! But I moved it thinking it was ok since Derek was looking for a part and not selling.

Am I wrong in thinking there was no harm allowing a WTB thread, or does the 25 post rule apply without exception?

I'm TOTALLY with Dawg. I don't see a problem with someone who wants to BUY something getting into the for sale section on a low count. People who sign up to do nothing but sell something are annoying, but I'm cool with Derek's original post, be it in the for sale section or elsewhere.

Behind you 110% Dwayne. Buying and selling are two different things. If a new member is looking for a Vette and you have one for sale you've lost a potential sale to a new member who would probably make ACE stronger. Okay John, bla, bla, bla...................

I agree, if someone is looking to buy...let 'em buy. No harm no foul.

:agree WTB is a totally different story than the carpetbagger selling person that we'll never see again. For one thing it might benefit one of us to get something out of our garage.

:agree but how do you balance that with the sellers. I don't think there is an option. So he would have to open it back up to everyone.

As I see it, let the For Sale section be a For Sale section, and post the WTB in general....

So it looks like it's ok if a new member posts a WTB, it will have to be in another section then moved to the 4sale section by a moderator.

I'm cool with that as long as it's not an everyday occurrence or the privilege gets abused....

Derek, if you see this please start a new thread with your request again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have slightly over 300 posts in this site and I still can't make a new post in the for sale section. the board will only allow me to reply to a post. That's why the only time I needed a WTB post I had to do it in general and the site admin moved it for me.