NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Gauging Interest on my Wheels/Tires

Matth3w

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2132168

I'd rather have them picked up rather than the hassle of shipping, so I thought I'd give ACE members a heads up.

UPDATE:

Got some pics. The wheels have waterspots and some very fine scuff marks in some places. I didn't put a lot of time into polishing them up because it was getting dark and I wanted to get pictures ASAP. I think the scuffs and the watermarks especially can be easily gotten out. I'm not sure if you can use 0000 steel wool on wheels or not, but I have some here and chrome polish if you want to see how good we can get them once you get here. The first two pics you can tell the wheels are dirty. I will be 100% honest with you, coming from a super anal mofo (if you have been following my posts on here you know I am), when they are on the car you can't see anything. I never noticed any of this until I had my nose 3 inches from the spokes cleaning them up.

I took 15 pictures trying to capture the scuff marks but I simply could not get anything to show up on camera. You WILL see them when you stare at the wheels, but once they are mounted and on the car I don't think a single person (aside from some judge at a car show) would EVER notice.

Come down, see them in person, I don't think you will be upset once they are on the car. And if you want, we can mount them on my Vette here and you can see how they look on the car and how you can't see the scuffs etc. Sorry I couldn't get more pics, a lot of them came out like crap. They all look about the same minus the fact that one of them is missing a center cap.

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2132168

I'd rather have them picked up rather than the hassle of shipping, so I thought I'd give ACE members a heads up.

600 bucks....I'll take them.

what size tires are on front/rear?

Also where are the pics? Any damage/curb marks etc?

I have pics on the car, but none close up as of yet (car is still in the shop after the accident). There were ZERO marks on the wheels prior to the wreck. According to the guys at Photofinish, there are still zero marks miraculously. If there were marks they would have told me so I could claim in on my insurance. They have stock Z06 size tires on them.

I'll get you closeups as soon I get the car back from the shop, and make sure there are no marks on the wheels. I won't sell them to you if they have marks.

Absolutely. The biggest hold up is going to be waiting for my new tires to put on my new wheels, which will be here Friday (the wheels, not sure about tires yet). I wanted to do a GI thread first so I knew whether or not to take the tires off.

Incidentally my car is in a shop in Tucson, so if you want to meet me when I pick up the car you can see them in person and put dibs out on them.

As much as I wanted to go with 18/19, if Caleb (summerwolf) passes on the deal I want to be second in line.

Keep us posted in this thread....

Just hit me up on a PM and lemme know. I'll scope them out in person. I would like tires though, no matter how shitty. I know I'll have to get new front ones no matter what.

Little update here - my new wheels should be here Friday, my tires I ended up buying local for 1074 for the Toyo Proxes and they should be here in 2-3 days (according to the tire shop). So I would say this weekend I should be ready to sell the wheels. I'll pm you to get your phone number Caleb.

According to the body shop I should be able to pick up my car on either Tue or Wed evening.

Little update here - my new wheels should be here Friday, my tires I ended up buying local for 1074 for the Toyo Proxes and they should be here in 2-3 days (according to the tire shop). So I would say this weekend I should be ready to sell the wheels. I'll pm you to get your phone number Caleb.

According to the body shop I should be able to pick up my car on either Tue or Wed evening.

Hey I'm backing out, let these go to the next person in line. The girlfriend really pissed me off today and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be nice and buy her new rims/tires.

As much as I wanted to go with 18/19, if Caleb (summerwolf) passes on the deal I want to be second in line.

Keep us posted in this thread....

Interested?

Hey I'm backing out, let these go to the next person in line. The girlfriend really pissed me off today and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be nice and buy her new rims/tires.

She better watch it, the phrase "send her ass home" is right there on the end of my tongue...

Dawg, I've seen the wheels, they'z nice....

Dawg is consulting with the other family element...I'll let you know. Tires seem to have about 1/4inch of tread left maybe. They are Goodyear Supercars. So far (it was getting dark, will have pics tomorrow) I only found a small scuff mark on the inside part of one of the spokes. And the alignment mofos broke one of the centercap tabs when they did the alignment but I will pay for a new centercap from Corvettes of Houston where I bought them (dawg I forgot to tell you that on the phone, sorry).

Yeah I consulted the other family element called the Bank Balance...

Unfortunately I'm going to have to pass at this time, fall college bills get all my money right now and these are not a necessity, I'll keep an eye on them if they don't sell...

Yep. I'm having the new wheels put on at 800 tomorrow morning,t hen I will have pics of the cleaned up wheels etc. I have no way to get them to you by driving as I can't get them all in the Vette. I checked again last night for blemishes, and again all I could find was the busted center cap on one wheel and that one scuff mark. I'll look again and take pictures tomorrow. Should I leave the tires on?

I was waiting two weeks for my truck to get here, but if you want to help me out I wouldnt hold you back. Let me know and maybe we can gets these wheels/tires off his hands quick and I can help you out.