computer help

AZ Z51

Any computer experts out there,my home system has been crashed for a while and I want to get it fixed.the more I try to fix it the worse it gets.I'm a mechanic not a computer tech,so if anyone is interested i'll pay cash or work a trade,body or mechanical I can do it all.

if interested please let me

partsisparts602@yahoo.com

What do you mean "It crashed?"

Will it boot at all? Get to a prompt?

What OS and make of machine?

I've been building my own boxes for the last 10 years!

I love playing with them, and I'll look at it for free if you like and aren't in a big hurry!

Ken

I bought the parts and a guy I worked with put it together for me.It has a FIX mother board AMD 64 2800,seagate 80gig,and I think 250 DDR ram

he put a bunch of bootleg software in it and I had problems from the start.I bought a copy of XP and loaded it but it was very very slow.

256 with XP is minimum!!!

I have a GB of Corsair mem because I do video transfer and crap like that!

What have you got on the HD that you NEED?

Save those files to a thumb drive or outside source, then F-disc and reinstall XP!!

If you are uncomfortable with that, I can do it for you! We pop you to 512MB with a clean install and XP will scream!!

Ken

What Ken said, plus make sure you have the latest drivers for everything, especially the MB. With the price of Ram, I'd go with 1 gig. I've got 2 gigs in mine.

ya that s whaty I have 512MB DDR

like i said it's been a while,I was tring to install a burner,and I tried to open a propertes file and it put up a blue screan "fatal error"and wouldn't restart after that.I got it to start in safe mode and saved all my pics to disc.and loaded xp.It loaded and then said it couldn't find the drive after restarting.I put in a different hard drive and it would load and start but slow.I then tried to put the 80 gig on as a slave.it showed in the bios but not in my computer .I reloaded xp again with both hard drives and they both showed but still didn't work right.

Ken if you could look at it that would be great,Im getting ready to start a new job and won't have a PC at work any more.just let me know when and where and i'll bring it by

:cfdeadagain this is about how i feel about now