NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

super charger in a 06 Z-51.

Marco

My brother asked me to ask you guys what the difficulty factor and cost would be to add a super charger in his Z-51.

My brother asked me to ask you guys what the difficulty factor and cost would be to add a super charger in his Z-51.

Are you talking a C6 with the z-51 handling package?

Are you talking a C6 with the z-51 handling package?

yes, Z51,3LT C6 Conv.

What style of blower?

he doest know what would work best. Patric drives it once every other weekend.

Its not a difficult install for us at the shop between me and the tech we have installed around 30 of them so its not too bad. You would want to go with an ATI or a Vortech on that car as the roots make good tq but here in AZ they get heat soaked quick.

Id be happy to shoot you an PM and let you know what the cost of everything would be.

Jason

Guest Sidewinder
Its not a difficult install for us at the shop between me and the tech we have installed around 30 of them so its not too bad. You would want to go with an ATI or a Vortech on that car as the roots make good tq but here in AZ they get heat soaked quick.

Id be happy to shoot you an PM and let you know what the cost of everything would be.

Jason

I will second that about the roots style blower. Stay with a Vortech or ATI like Jason said. :yesnod

Jason

Thanks, do you need to see the car for a quote?

Jason

Sorry had to make a trip to L.A to get a few things for the shop.

No they are all pretty much the same, If you would PM me with whats done to the car now and if its an auto or manual and how many miles are on it and I can work something up for you :)

Jason

Jason

Sorry had to make a trip to L.A to get a few things for the shop.

No they are all pretty much the same, If you would PM me with whats done to the car now and if its an auto or manual and how many miles are on it and I can work something up for you :)

Jason

Nothing has been done to the car, bone stock. 6 speed.

• 3 weeks later...

if you go w/ a vortech contact A&A look them up on corvetteforum.com they sell the best vortech based kit out there. they do some modifications to the bracket assembly. i very strongly suggest going that route, than having someone install it.

• 2 weeks later...
if you go w/ a vortech contact A&A look them up on corvetteforum.com they sell the best vortech based kit out there. they do some modifications to the bracket assembly. i very strongly suggest going that route, than having someone install it.

I am running the A&A Vortex s/c and am very happy with it.