WTB a C2 driver, not a garage queen

Eddie44

Like the title says, I'm in the market for a good clean C2. I prefer the coupes but would certainly entertain the idea of a convertible. Not looking for a high $$ garage queen. I want one that I can drive and may even need a little cosmetic or mechanical work. I'm not really interested in a "project" car.

I've located several around the country but would rather find one locally or in CA, Vegas, etc so I could inspect and wouldn't have to ship commercially.

Let me know if you see a C2 fitting the above description.

Guest Kens06

Hey Ed,

Did you get hit in the head today??

You want a C2 for a daily??

Have you ever driven or ridden in a C2??

I drove a '66 all over the country. Florida for Easter vacations and IL, NV, CA, AZ, TX, and back to IL......one summer! :thumbs

It was only 2/3 years old and I was 17/18..........

The same car now would be a money pit even for occasional weekends!

You want a C2 bodied C5 right!!??

Hell, my C4 needs a grand in new panel seals and blown out screw replacement to keep me from bitching when I drive it...........

Let's not talk about the radio..........

Ken

It won't be a daily driver Ken. I just can't afford a garage queen. I just want something I bring out for local events and I'll still have my C6. I got rid of my Mazda 6 that was the third car so there's an empty bay in the garage. A guy never want's an empty bay. Just a funmobile!

Ken is right - they suck! Still, I like the sound of the side pipes right by my ears, and the smell of gas and oil. Makes me feel like I am back cruising Central in my piece...

Email sent.

Guest Kens06

Oh ya Ed,

I know the gas prices are backing off a little..........but

327/350 with 3:70 and M21, 3K was ~65mph!!

15 mpg hwy, 10 mpg in town best guess, depending on foot and tune!!

Sunoco 260 was .35-.40 a gal so who cared!!

Just another flashback thought!!

Ken

Kelly, I didn't get your email if you sent it. :huh

Let's try this; give me a shout when you have a few minutes.

480-276-1335

Kelly

Good luck Eddie. I hope you find what you want. If I put a C2 sticker on my door will you give me $50K for it? Anyway, good luck!

What's your price range? I'm always looking at E-bay, Racing Junk, and Craigs list for deals. I'll keep you in mind if I spot something.

First of all....C2s don't suck, neither do C3s, or C1s. Sorry, but the truth is the truth.

Do they drive as easily as a C4-C6....HELL NO, and that is part of the draw. They are a REAL sports cars, not a computerized version of one. These are cars you have to DRIVE. NO traction control, NO ABS, just you and your white knuckles.

I LOVE all Vettes, and most Vette owners, but the C1 through C3 owners are the guys who really love and understand the hobby, IMO. I don't own what I do for comfort, I own them for the cool factor, and the fun. Sure they are hard as hell on gas, I don't drive mine every day, but when I do, it doesn't suck.

I have a line on a few C2s, some garage queens, some not. I'll see what is still out there.

First of all....C2s don't suck, neither do C3s, or C1s. Sorry, but the truth is the truth.

Do they drive as easily as a C4-C6....HELL NO, and that is part of the draw. They are a REAL sports cars, not a computerized version of one. These are cars you have to DRIVE. NO traction control, NO ABS, just you and your white knuckles.

I LOVE all Vettes, and most Vette owners, but the C1 through C3 owners are the guys who really love and understand the hobby, IMO. I don't own what I do for comfort, I own them for the cool factor, and the fun. Sure they are hard as hell on gas, I don't drive mine every day, but when I do, it doesn't suck.

I have a line on a few C2s, some garage queens, some not. I'll see what is still out there.

You tell them Mike. I have a C2 and a C4. I bought the C4 to just get into and travel to where I wanted to go, but when I really want to DRIVE, I take the C2. As a C4 owner friend told me one day while we were autocrossing, all you have to do is point the C4 where you want to go. Sorry that is not driving, when you take a C2 Big Block convertible, with side pipes, and out perform a C4 on the autocross track and push the C2 to over 130 mph, that is real DRIVING.

I don't think there are very many nuts and bolts that I have not touched on my C2 and that is the fun of owning one of these classics. It is nice to have something you can work on without having to have a computer. You make a minor tweak on something and then take it out on the road to test the performance difference. To C1, C2, and C3 owners that is the fun and enjoyment of owning a Corvette.

What's your price range? I'm always looking at E-bay, Racing Junk, and Craigs list for deals. I'll keep you in mind if I spot something.

Low end $25k and high probably $40k. I appreciate anything anyone hears about. I'm don't have to have a 365 hp 327 or anything else. A nice clean base Vette would be more important than HP, A/C or some of the other sought after accessories.

I know what you guys are talking about, I miss my 82 everyday, the C5 is a killer ride but nowhere near as cool as the C3 was...

Keep us updated Eddie...

Corvette Kid
Eddie...Please keep us posted. You're doing exactly what I would like to do. I have a C6, had a C3 and want a C2.

How about a 65 coupe. Currently the car has a 383 stroker in it but I have the original matching numbers engine (327/350HP) all rebuilt sitting in the garage. Car is Milano Maroon with Black interior. VERY nice driver. Repro knock offs with gold lines, side exhaust etc. Frame is MINT as is the birdcage etc. I am located in North Peoria. I would consider a C5 convert or Z06 as part trade. I am asking $44,900. Feel free to call me SEAN 623-215-6911

Corvette Kid
Eddie...Please keep us posted. You're doing exactly what I would like to do. I have a C6, had a C3 and want a C2.

How about a 65 coupe. Currently the car has a 383 stroker in it but I have the original matching numbers engine (327/350HP) all rebuilt sitting in the garage. Car is Milano Maroon with Black interior. VERY nice driver. Repro knock offs with gold lines, side exhaust etc. Frame is MINT as is the birdcage etc. I am located in North Peoria. I would consider a C5 convert or Z06 as part trade. I am asking $44,900. Feel free to call me SEAN 623-215-6911

I also just realized that this is my 1st post on this forum which I know makes people leary.....many of you know me from The CF as SEAN DUNSHEE and I am sure many of you know my dad, Frank Dunshee

We have certainly all heard of or know your Dad. I talked to another local person the other day who was extremely honest about their C2 and he told me I should come and drive yours to see what a prime example is like. He said very good things about yours.

I would love to see it but I'm honest when I say I'm afraid I might fall in love with it and it's really at the very top of my budget. Also I am willing to take a lesser example if it's cheaper and will give me something to putter around the garage with. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck with the sale of yours!

Eddie

Corvette Kid
We have certainly all heard of or know your Dad. I talked to another local person the other day who was extremely honest about their C2 and he told me I should come and drive yours to see what a prime example is like. He said very good things about yours.

I would love to see it but I'm honest when I say I'm afraid I might fall in love with it and it's really at the very top of my budget. Also I am willing to take a lesser example if it's cheaper and will give me something to putter around the garage with. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck with the sale of yours!

Eddie

I fully understand...it is a nice car..its NOT perfect like my dads..lol. I am a little negotiable but not much. If you decide you want to come look at it at all or even just come hang out and talk Vettes you are always welcome. I am just getting the bug to get another C5 and throw some money back in savings.

-evil grin-

I'd love to own a '62, straight axle in front, blown Rat, Dana 4-link, no bumper or grill, moon tank out the front, red, chrome roll bar, jacked up with Cragar S/S wheels Gasser type replica to bring out on weekends and play with .. but .. that's just me.

Traction control is havin the right air pressure in the slicks and right foot modulation :)

-Frank

I have a friend here in Tucson that has a 1965 convertible, automatic, factory air, base 327, very nice car. He says its a "ladies car" because of the auto with air. All original. The problem again, the price. He is going to want somewhere in the $40K range. The car is very nice, mechanically sound, and a very nice driver.