HID's

Guest aecarbon

Question for you about these. Do you know if the headlights will retract after they are shut off? I know some people have had this problem with them and had to turn on the highbeams to get them down. I have read some on this in the Corvette Forum and they seem to have a fix for this with another ballast. I would love to do this but need the information about the retraction before I buy.

Thanks.

Question for you about these. Do you know if the headlights will retract after they are shut off? I know some people have had this problem with them and had to turn on the highbeams to get them down. I have read some on this in the Corvette Forum and they seem to have a fix for this with another ballast. I would love to do this but need the information about the retraction before I buy.

Thanks.

FWIW... I have HID's and the lights don't retract without flicking the high beams. I have also read that you can wire in a resistor to trigger the retraction of the lights, but I haven't found it to be a problem. It just became second nature to flick the high beams as I rotated the switch. My problem is that I have a Laptrax, and if I turn the lights on, the initial voltage drop is signifigant enough that it triggers the Laptrax to reset. Being that my car is a 2000, I can't get into competition mode if the car is moving, so I have to live with either the TC on or off until I stop if I turn the lights on while driving.

I will say though, that whatever hassle there may be, the additional light is TOTALLY worth it. I haven't used my high beams since installing as the HID's throw more light than the high beams. I have the fogs too!!! Worth it all the way. Love 'em. Don't wanna be without 'em. Don't know how I made it through the night before I had 'em. You can take my house, my money, please take my wife, but leave the HID's.

Guest aecarbon

yes on my site for 139 a set for the ITEK any color I also have a deal with som dual beams that are both high and low beam in one iot has a bulb on a tilt (like a sea saw) and a magnetic switch that changes it from hi to low just got it worked out today they will be $380 and come with a 3 warranty also.