• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christine

• jstrutt

• Big Poppa

• Bigfoot

Congates to you both. I'll probably be sleeping at the mentioned hour, but I'll dream I'm drinking one for you if that works.

Guest racingchester

Congrats........I suppose this means you guys won't be in any shape to make the run up the mountain........Seriously---the best to both of you..... :banannarainbow::banannarainbow:

Ok so on friday at 4:45 we all have a few beers in honor of Christine and Pete gettin married :cheers

I'm in.........Karen will have a beer and I'll have the root beer! Congrats!

Congrats........I suppose this means you guys won't be in any shape to make the run up the mountain........Seriously---the best to both of you..... :banannarainbow::banannarainbow:

Oh no, we will definitely be going up the mountain!!! I got him a band that he needs to show off!

I got him a band that he needs to show off!

I hope its a rock band, cuz I don't care to much for country! :leaving

I got him a band that he needs to show off!

I hope its a rock band, cuz I don't care to much for country! :leaving

:smilelol:smilelol We also need pics to go along with your great day. They can be country.

l_a1c105d7422c1787e96ead8c5d4db46f.jpg

l_99fafe91e10609b871aacf146c897b32.jpg

l_67cfee4acdd63c07aedcb2176d52c5fe.jpg

l_71feeddb4a9031a131396ed0ff53a55e.jpg

Just some pictures from today... Now off to be a good wifey and help Pete wash his Vette for tomorrow!!

I did my best to stay out of the pictures.... Congrats you two!!!!

congrats you two.

Im happy to see you did not go nuts and "MUST HAVE A BIG WEDDING THAT COSTS AS MUCH AS A CAR".

I applaud you for getting married at the JOP.

just so Pete will rember this day here are some other event full things that has happened on that day (aug 8th)

Aug 8 1815

Napoleon Bonaparte set sail for St. Helena, in the South Atlantic, to spend the remainder of his days in exile. Aint Waterloo a bitch?

Aug 8 1844

Brigham Young was chosen to lead the Mormons following the killing of Joseph Smith..... I aint touching that one with a stack of of WachTowers

Aug 8 1876

Thomas A. Edison received a patent for the mimeograph. Can you hear me now? Good.

Aug 8 1942

Six convicted Nazi saboteurs who had landed in the United States were executed in Washington, D.C. The 7th one escaped, changed his name to Bush and later became president.

Aug 8 1945

The Soviet Union declared war against Japan during World War II. Fat load of good that did.

Aug 8 1973

Vice President Spiro T. Agnew branded as "damned lies" reports he had taken kickbacks from government contracts in Maryland and vowed not to resign. You go girl!

Aug 8 1978

The United States launched Pioneer Venus II, which carried scientific probes to study the atmosphere of Venus. However Uranus was still considered virgin territory.

...and all that implies :D

Aug 8 2005

Iran resumed work at a uranium conversion facility after suspending nuclear work for nine months to avoid U.N. sanctions.

Aug 8 2008

Some guy with big goofy cute ears gets suckered into marrige.

cahd

Congrats to you both Christine and Pete!

Cahd - your obviously too young to remember the mimeograph. Paper sure smelled good when it was put through a mimeograph but you couldn't hear much.

Straight from Wikipedia

The mimeograph machine (commonly abbreviated to mimeo) or stencil duplicator, along with spirit duplicators and hectographs were for many decades used to print short-run office work, classroom materials, and church bulletins. These technologies began to be supplanted by photocopying in the 1960s, although in mid-range quantities, mimeographs are still more economical than photocopiers. Photocopying and cheap offset printing have replaced mimeography almost entirely in developed countries. But mimeography continues to be a working technology in developing countries, since the machines are more energy efficient and no electricity is required. However, some slightly more modern machines used electricity for power.

Okay enough for your history lesson today. :lol