FYI... LG header group purchase

Big Poppa

Just like the title says, LG is offering their street version headers with off road mid pipe for $895 shipped. Normal price is $995 plus shipping. If you want cats, they are $200 more.

Link... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...#post1566554430

Updated link, new thread started on it today. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2094328

Those are the ones I've got and I'm very happy with them. :thumbs oh and I paid the $995 price, so pretty good deal

questions for you Sean, did you install? If so, how hard was it? Do you feel I'll see a decent performance gsin without changing the rest of the exhaust system? (2001 z06 stock titanium exhaust) or will I really need to change out the cat-back to a BB, Corsa, etc? Future planned Mods include S/C or N2O, unsure which yet, although I'm leaning towards the nitrous. Anyone elses input welcomed also, thanks

questions for you Sean, did you install? If so, how hard was it? Do you feel I'll see a decent performance gsin without changing the rest of the exhaust system? (2001 z06 stock titanium exhaust) or will I really need to change out the cat-back to a BB, Corsa, etc? Future planned Mods include S/C or N2O, unsure which yet, although I'm leaning towards the nitrous. Anyone elses input welcomed also, thanks

The install isn't difficult if you have a lift. I haven't tried it without but I imagine it's possible.

You will feel the difference. Not only will peak hp increase, but the power under the curve picks up a bunch and that's what you feel. You don't need to swap the Z06 mufflers unless you want a different sound.

These headers reall wake up a S/C car and will really benifit a N20 car as well. The only reason not to get them would be if you plan on going turbo.

I like FI more than nitrus because it's always there and never runs out. It's also a steeper buy in so if you don't have the scratch get the spray.

I did the install myself in my garage on 4 jackstands. I took my time...probably about 3 days, so I did not ask for any help from the board.

It was only mildly difficult as far as installs go. I'd say a 2-2.5 on a scale of 5.

If you're gonna go SC you might want to consider the LG Pro's. The streets are only 1 3/4 where as the pro's are 1 7/8. The streets will limit your HP potential...if you want to go really big. If you're goal is 450-500 or less I'd say the streets are perfect.

I cannot answer your question about the ZO6 exhaust...Drew is probably right though.

I do not know how much gain I got from them as I never did a baseline. But with my other mods I'm at about 403 HP at the motor where GM's claims were 350 from the factory. Check my sig for all my mods.

Hope this helps. :thumbs