Nothing beats great customer service!

BSeery

Well, for those that didn't hear, the distributor was the culprit of my car not starting at the track last week. a $.005 screw came out of the rotor and fell down and damaged the reluctor at the bottom of the distributor. The reluctor looks like a paddle wheel with 8 paddles, and as one of those passes sensor the distributor fires.

So, I call MSD to get the part number of this reluctor, already cringing at the thought of a $50 part or a $300 brand new distributor.

I was talking with their tech department and he gave me the part number. Whew !! It's replaceable !!

Next I looked it up on Summit's web page. Whew!! It's only $16.00

Then the MSD tech said "Hey, I can mail you this one sitting at my desk." I asked how much and he said "Free".

:thumbs

He is going to ship me a new reluctor, new springs, new screws, and even a new pickup sensor. Basically a rebuild of the entire distributor except for the case and the cap and rotor -- for free !!

I may just be a MSD customer for life now.

Now thats awesome customer service all right... A lot of companies should strive to be as exceptional as MSD......

Andrew

I hope he includes a set of stickers...Free parts should earn a sticker spot on your vega :thumbs