WTB: LT1 or LS1 Engine

MY76LT4

Not sure if this section or the garage sale section is correct for this post. Between now and the end of the year my son wants to purchase a LT1 or LS1 engine to put in his 1992 Z28. Many things to consider but if anyone has an engine to sell or has recommendations on how to accomplish this we are open to all help. We won't do this ourselves either so if an ACE vendor has a turnkey remove and replace idea, please let us know.

My son returns from Iraq for R&R next week but his tour of duty goes until the end of the year, so this is not an emergency purchase. Trying to get smarter so the car is all set when Santa comes to town. His car has the 700R automatic transmission with overdrive. If he goes LS1 I believe the transmission will have to be replaced also.

His goal is to have a peppy Camaro that gets 20 mpg in the city and 30 on the highway.

Thanks in advance.

David in Glendale

Guest Sidewinder

This section is for Corvettes, Corvette parts, and Corvette related items. A C5 top qualifies, a Corvette neon clock does not. All other items go into the "Garage Sale" section under "General". If they do not belong they will be moved to the Garage Sale section.

I think an LS1 or LT1 is corvette related, your good.

Good luck on the swap. You guys should be able to find an LS1 for sale at a good price in the paper or craigslist, junkyard.

Fleabay (ebay) usually has a large selection as well. I just did a quick search and there are several

Azmotorhead

Go with the LS motor. LT distributors are prone to fail & are a pain to change + $$$

CHeap way to go is find a Tahoe,Yuckon,Sierra with the LQ4 motor then just change the heads & intake, cam and whammo you now have a

LS motor.

Talk to Sean at Top Gear Motorsports 480 461 0240

Say Phil sent you

We have a Ls1 here at the shop with AFR heads, Cam ect I can get you the full build sheet $1900 bucks takes it. Car made 419/391 until he pulled it to go with a 408 nothing wrong with the motor and the heads alone are worth $1500. Motor has 60K on it but had 0 issues. You will just need an oil pan and coils and a few sensors that were transfered. Let me know cause I have 2 guys coming to look at it next week.

Jason at Xtreme

Sounds like a hell of a deal Jason.

Heck check ebay, I've seen quite a few LS2 pullouts with trans out of wrecked GTO's

Its a pretty good motor deal for sure if I had the storage at my house id buy it and take it home for "just incase" I decide to put a ls1 into anything like a segway or something lol

Its a pretty good motor deal for sure if I had the storage at my house id buy it and take it home for "just incase" I decide to put a ls1 into anything like a segway or something lol

:rockon2:

Thanks for the ideas and leads. I am starting to work on them.

Jason at Extreme, I couldn't buy that motor next week, but thanks. My son or I will be in touch.

David in Glendale

Man, that would be awesome in Melissa's C-3.......

That is a killer deal. Wish we could do it......

Andrew

Man, that would be awesome in Melissa's C-3.......

That is a killer deal. Wish we could do it......

Andrew

Or a 68 camaro so Jenna quits eyeballing my 383. ;)

We have a Ls1 here at the shop with AFR heads, Cam ect I can get you the full build sheet $1900 bucks takes it. Car made 419/391 until he pulled it to go with a 408 nothing wrong with the motor and the heads alone are worth $1500. Motor has 60K on it but had 0 issues. You will just need an oil pan and coils and a few sensors that were transfered. Let me know cause I have 2 guys coming to look at it next week.

Jason at Xtreme

Jason,

My son Simon is in town and will try and contact you today, Tuesday July 29th, to see what you might be able to do for him. Thanks, David in Glendale

• 5 weeks later...

You can close this thread, mission accomplished. Found another 92 in South Carolina with the LS1 and 6 speed transplant already done. It is being shipped to AZ next week. My son's car is for sale in the Garage Sale section.

Thanks for everyone's input.

David in Glendale