July Newsletter

Desertdawg

Desertdawg

If you don't recieve the monthly newsletter in your email, please check your profile to see what address you are using, then go to your email and add admin@arizonavette.net to your white list so it will not be tagged as spam. I hope that helps, but if not I will be reposting it here for everyone to read.

Spring ended and now it's Hot!

OK, I won't mention it again because I'm sure you already knew that. Now is the perfect time to start planning those fall runs with ACE so that we can all have something to look forward to other than the heat (sorry).

If you haven't had the chance to add your 2cents to the ACE survey now is the time, we love reading all of the replies, and yes it has helped us figure out where you want ACE to go, and how some of the issues should be handled. Please take a few minutes to add your input.

showtopic=7365

We had a few good events during June, the ACE June lunch at Gordon Biersch in Glendale had a nice turnout, lots of smiling faces in the pictures that were posted. Jack(jaxvet) held their last cruise right at the end of May, I think they are taking a break during the summer due to the HOT weather. George(BlakMajik) held the Dream Carz of Arizona Car Audio show, with a decent turnout, hopefully he will do this one again later in the year, those that went said it was a blast.

Fathers Day weekend was busy, Eddie hosted a cruise through the twisties up Yarnell hill, then across to Sedona for lunch, we had about 30 vettes, and it sure was a great cruise. Tucson had a Harley-Davidson / Corvette Car Show this same weekend, there are some pictures of all the shiny fiberglass, and of course Austin won another award too.

Jay and Dianne are still having a blast hosting the Big Earl's Greasy Eats gathering on Friday nights, there some cool hot rods, and plenty of fiberglass to go along with the eats.

And finally there was the Round 2: PJ's Engine and Tranny Install, attendance for the wrenching was small, but it looks like those that did show up got allot of work done, I know the heat kept a few away so hopefully this isn't the new trend for wrenching days, they are usually a blast so I recommend to everyone to try to attend at least one. You don't have to know which end of the hammer to use, as long as you can break something your welcome.

Future Events:

Oct. 18th - 19th

Tim has set the date for the 2nd Annual Run to the River in Laughlin. This is one of those events you don't want to miss!

showtopic=7284

Aug. 30th

Cale and Barb (C6speed) are planning a small cruise with a BBQ at his house afterward, it will include swimming, sand volleyball, or whatever. Be sure to get signed up early so that he can get all the planning done. This is their first time to plan an event for ACE, and I would like to thank Cale and Barb for stepping up and putting in the effort that it takes to accomplish a day like this...

showtopic=7385

Events for July:

ACE monthly lunch

July 5th 11am - Gordon Biersch in Scottsdale Andrew seems to be hooked on Gordon's place, meet him and everyone else for lunch.

showtopic=7321

July 4th

Celebrate the forth at Big Earl's Greasy Eats with Jay and Dianne, Cave Creek will be launching the fireworks so this should be a show worth attending.

showtopic=7339

July 12th

Don and Patty are attending the Bison Ranch Car Show along with a few others, add your name to the list if you want to attend so they know to save you a parking spot.

showtopic=7391

July 12th err umm 19th... no how about the 26th...

Last but not least, the Tucson crew is planning a run up the mountain. When? who the hell knows, it appears they haven't decided on a date yet so go add your choice and you just might be the lucky poster that actually sets the date!!!!

showtopic=7266

That's all I have for this month, I hope with the use of a new address from ACE that more of our members will receive this newsletter, If this is the first one you have seen in a long time, please let us know so we can keep track of what works and what doesn't.

Stay cool and drink plenty of water, heat stroke and dehydration can be very serious. We don't want to loose members just because its so damn HOT!!!

Dwayne

Desertdawg

-------------------------------------

Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts Forums Statistics:

Registered Users: 762

Total Posts: 91964

Busiest Time: 29 users were online on 7th April 2008 - 12:01 AM

Handy Links

Board Address: http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/...orums/index.php

Lost Password Recovery: http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/...Reg&CODE=10