NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Please Read!

Desertdawg

As of today Mark (sidewinder) will be cleaning up the for sale section of any off topic posts.

Anything that doesn't pertain to the topic will either be moved to the hijack thread in the off topic section, or it will be edited for content.

Please try to stay on topic when replying in the for sale sections.

Here is rule #6 from the sticky in this section.

6: Please keep all posts and replies in the For Sale section related to the original post. Questions from buyers and responses from sellers should be the only items in the topics. Threads that have been hijacked will be cleaned out or deleted in whole. Response content not related to original post will be cleaned up.

As of today Mark (sidewinder) will be cleaning up the for sale section of any off topic posts.

Anything that doesn't pertain to the topic will either be moved to the hijack thread in the off topic section, or it will be edited for content.

Please try to stay on topic when replying in the for sale sections.

Here is rule #6 from the sticky in this section.

6: Please keep all posts and replies in the For Sale section related to the original post. Questions from buyers and responses from sellers should be the only items in the topics. Threads that have been hijacked will be cleaned out or deleted in whole. Response content not related to original post will be cleaned up.

The worst thing about censorship is (edited for content)!!!!

Luv you guys!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. We had to come up with some method to clean up some replies, Here is the criteria we are using:

member buttwerp posts

"I've seen this car in person, it's perfect. And I must say his wife was no wreck either."

After editing it should read:

"I've seen this car in person, it's perfect."

member spambot posts:

"ACE got together and repainted your vette, and now your selling it"

This reply will be moved to the hijack thread in Off Topic.

We don't know how else to handle this stuff. If you don't want your reply edited or moved from the for sale section then keep it on topic.

What I'm lost on is the replies that ask the seller what he is going to buy next, it's a good question that might give a potential buyer some insight for the reason the car or item is for sale.

I think if someone asks why the seller is getting rid of the Vette we can consider that staying on topic. That's a question I'd ask any seller of a veh I was interested in buying.

Censorship is not a bad thing in the For Sale section but over censorship will only cause problems. Mark is very capable of judging the difference.