NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

My 08 Z is up for grabs

bigmike32172

What's up with the sale Mike? I have your cars twin here in Tucson and have had it for sale for two weeks in the local paper, 1 call. Good luck.

Mike

Marana Rich

Nice car for sure. Mike, No post for us out-of-towners to look at?

Just fishing Rich. Kind of have my eye on something else, maybe. Plus, I still have the C6 coupe of Susies.

Mike

bigmike32172
PM sent with cel #.

Thank you for the hook up with Butch. He is going to try and come down this weekend to look at it. I told him Saturday night would be a good idea that way we can meet at the Pavillions and take in the car show as well.

bigmike32172

What's up with the selling of the black Z06's?

The ZR1 is coming that would be my guess, or hope as to why someone is selling.

Not me. You couldn't sell me a new ZR1 for $80k.

I think I'm going to take a break for a while with the sports cars. I'm pretty happy with just keeping my Viper for the time being, and maybe a Lambo further down the road when we pull out of this recession next summer.

What's up with the selling of the black Z06's?

The ZR1 is coming that would be my guess, or hope as to why someone is selling.

Not me. You couldn't sell me a new ZR1 for $80k.

I think I'm going to take a break for a while with the sports cars. I'm pretty happy with just keeping my Viper for the time being, and maybe a Lambo further down the road when we pull out of this recession next summer.

:agree I'm ready for this recession to go away, far away. Business is as tough as it was in 88, that sucked to.

Please stay on topic fellas. here is the link to continue the discussion

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/...amp;#entry94325

bigmike32172
Good luck Mike, I love your car!! I don't think you'll have any problem selling it for $69k.

Thanx bro! We'll see if this guy takes it tonight at the Pavillions.

bigmike32172

Well I talked to the guy at 2PM and he said to meet him at the Pavillions at 7 so I detailed the car, filled her up with gas, blew the old lady off for our dinner night out, and drove 45 minutes to the Pavillions where I hung around for an hour and a half for the guy not to show or call. :at wits end: :angry :loser:

So it looks like my car is still up for sale.

Well I talked to the guy at 2PM and he said to meet him at the Pavillions at 7 so I detailed the car, filled her up with gas, blew the old lady off for our dinner night out, and drove 45 minutes to the Pavillions where I hung around for an hour and a half for the guy not to show or call. :at wits end: :angry :loser:

So it looks like my car is still up for sale.

Want a nice Kenne Bell C5 Vert and $35k in a bag??

:bump:

bigmike32172
you go out of your way and not even a call to cancel...thats aweful....sorry to hear it...

Yeah, that's totally strange. The guy seemed cool when I talked to him during the week on the phone about the car, and then doesn't answer his phone or return my messages Saturday night. I even tried to call again on Sunday night just to make sure he wasn't killed in an accident on the way up from Yuma on Saturday, but he never answered.

The least he could have done was called and told me that he wasn't interested at this time and I would have been cool with that.

that blows, but lesson learned.

You are selling. He is buying.

Best Buy does not drive stuff to you so that you may buy from them?

If the seller wants it. They will drive to a location and time of your choosing.

I prefer a parking lot somewhat close to home. There is no need for a stranger to see where I live, and to case my house.

good luck on the sale.

• 1 month later...
C. Battershell

I think all of you that are selling ANY Z06 is making a big mistake. The days of high HP will soon be gone. Gm needs to get their fleet average to 35mpg by 2011. My inside info says when all the inventory is gone (LS9, LS6, LS7) no more 300+HP in any car from GM. give your Z a few years say about 10 and watch those prices go to the Moon ! This is 1968.. all over again and then 5 years later 1973 and NO MORE BIG HP cars. But this time. it will NOT come back the 70 car's were mostly DOGS, the 80,s were a flippin joke. The recession will difenitly help the collector car people. When the housing hits the crapper and the stocks fall.. people historically place their money in collectable cars. GM production for 2008 corvettes are expected to be down by 20% from 2007 and 2009 appears to be worst. GM will continue to layout people and shut down plants. I expect the gas prices to hit the $5 mark by 2009 once the election is over. The Horsepower wars are ON just like it was in 1968. 2002 was our 1968 and I think 2011 will be just about it. My inside info says GM will drop all corvette HP down to around 300 but the use of carbon fiber will keep the car fast and quick but at a ONE HELL of a price increase. I believe that the 2003 & 2004 Z06 will be hauling in the same kind of cash that the 67 427 tri-power . But give it a few years. So if you can afford it keep it.

10 yrs will be the bottom of the curve IMHO .. then it will swing up, if HP is cut the upswing will be dramatic.

It's been my observation it takes about 20yrs to really roll on a nice car.

(Nice = either everyone had one and they're all gone now, or there weren't many made and everyone wanted one)

All kinds of examples.. my '67 Hemi GTX 4-gear car would be one..

..paid 2700 in 1969 for it, 20k miles on it, right off Sunland Mercury's lot.

One of 4 made that year in copper metallic.

If you can find one now, they will hurt yas, 41 yrs later.

-Frank (the Z06 entire series is gonna be like that ..everyone that knows 'em will want one, and there just isnt a lot of 'em around, and the 427 C6 versions are gonna be high dollar for sure)

• 2 weeks later...
bigmike32172

Well she finally went bye bye today. Van Chevrolet took her in on trade for $63k, and the money went to good use to buy my mom & sis new cars of their own.

Thanx for the interest and help all :howdy