NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The deal is done....

Donbecker

Oh, and my relay/fuse board and wiring harnesses are on the way.

My EFI controller needs to be sent out for a modification, and I need to start thinking about the fuel pump...it's coming together...

Guest XLR8TNC5

Good for you Don. It is such a great feeling I know, when you are trying to bring something together and do a restoration project and then to see everything coming together is just such a good feeling!

Mark and I restored his ol 1970 FB Mustang a few years ago and it was truly a BEAUTIFUL car! We always felt proud about the project and how thecar looked once it was done, oh but wait....is it ever really "done?" lol.

We sold it about a year ago. He says he doesn't miss it, but whenever I see old pics of it, I get a little nostalgic for it. That was what he was driving when we first met and started dating 15 YEARS AGO!!!

Anway, I look forward to seeing what all you do and spending more time trying to get out of your way on some more cruises. :burnout

Take care,

Tanya

Thanks Tanya!

Ya know, I kept nudging Liz (my wife) to talk to you at Show Low...

You need to give her a ride in your car and convince her to get rid of her Jeep.

BTW, did you catch the link to my stereo install?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...1188&forum_id=3

If anybody is curious about putting a touchscreen in their car, I can give you a hand!

i would assume you will be getting a computer with that right?

the thing that puzzles me is the temp sensor in the head - will you also be running a fan clutch still, or convert to electric?

how about the cold start injector and the knock sensor?

if you need a 383 short block for that bad boy - i just happen to have one for sale! :D

Togo, it will all be going on my 76 L-48.

As for the computer, I'm using a Megasquirt:

www.megasquirt.info

I haven't figured out the fan bit yet. The computer I'm using can do enrichment based on temp. at start time, so the cold start injector can be pitched.

As for the knock sensor, not sure yet on that one.

Wish I had the time & money to do a new block. It'll have to wait.

If you really need to get rid of the short block, post some more details. BTW, I'd only be able to buy it if it was almost free.... :)

Sorry! :)

Hey don , there is a great book titled: "Corvette Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Management" it covers L83, L98, LT1, LT4, LS1, LS6, ZR1's ... its 380pages of great info.

I suggest tring to find one or have Barnes and Noble order you one. I picked one up when i was fighting a split BLM problem (Half my LT1 running rich , the other half not). Great info / resourse!!

Might help you along and getting everything fitted / running right. :)

As far as the fan deal , electric all the way!! You can usually grab vette setups off of ebay for a pretty good deal. If not there is always aftermarket! Itll free up some power and make your car look trick!

Togo, it will all be going on my 76 L-48.

As for the computer, I'm using a Megasquirt:

www.megasquirt.info

I haven't figured out the fan bit yet. The computer I'm using can do enrichment based on temp. at start time, so the cold start injector can be pitched.

As for the knock sensor, not sure yet on that one.

Wish I had the time & money to do a new block. It'll have to wait.

If you really need to get rid of the short block, post some more details. BTW, I'd only be able to buy it if it was almost free.... :)

Sorry! :)

definitely not almost free - i would like to squeeze as much out of it as i can - and i'm in it for around $3400 - plus pizza and beer money for dwayne and bryan when they came over to help assemble!

details - BRAND NEW GM BLOCK forged crank, rods, pistons - decked, bored .030 over (i think it's a 1 piece rear main seal - but can verify later)

assembled by dwayne, bryan and a little by me!

:thumbs

the thing that puzzles me is the temp sensor in the head

how about the cold start injector and the knock sensor?

if you need a 383 short block for that bad boy - i just happen to have one for sale! :D

Why does the temp sensor puzzle you ? That is where they have always been, mounted in the cylinder heads.

And Don, you won't need the knock sensor unless you plan to have the computer control the timing. If not, ditch the sensor.

Hey don , there is a great book titled: "Corvette Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Management" it covers L83, L98, LT1, LT4, LS1, LS6, ZR1's ... its 380pages of great info.

I have one of these books if you want to give me a few bucks for it. (like new).. and another one dealing with the small block and other GM tidbits if your intrested..

The fuel injection one has tones of info in it...

can you post the ISBN # (should be above the barcode) so I can find it on amazon...

Since I'm using a non-OEM controller and doing fuel only (for now) this will be much simpler than typical TPI swaps (I hope).

Steve it's ok. I was trying to reach you and needed to get everything moving...let me know if/when you get ahold of it.

I might still get everything off you later.