NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning Ă—

Got Brakes?

Donbecker

Guest XLR8TNC5

That is just so sad. They were talking about this on the CF the other night. Just a shame! :eek

Yeah, I know Dan. You are right. I just like to give you crap. Like I said, I thought you would have moved out of my way sooner. When you didn't go, I decided to go rookie and try to pass ya on the right. :crazy

But you are absolutely correct about passing on the right. And to see something like this just freaks me out. Its fun to play, but always know your surroundings before you try to be a hero. Right?

Tanya

3,503 lbs of trouble
...and possibly one less owner.

I'd say more like probably considering his arm is visible in the pic.

...and possibly one less owner.

I'd say more like probably considering his arm is visible in the pic.

....and the blood splat at the back of the trailer by the 2nd latch.

in some way shape or form, i'm calling :bs

if you ran under the truck like that - how would the "bumper" at the rear of the trailer that hangs down BELOW the wheel and tire TOP on the vette be on back of the wheel/tire on the vette without bending, crushing, shredding, or what not - am i the only one that noticed that? i mean come on - run flats are good - but not that good!

and there are no skid marks that would suggest it slid sideways into that position.

something is fishy about that pic

is there more of a story somewhere?????

3,503 lbs of trouble
in some way shape or form, i'm calling :bs

if you ran under the truck like that - how would the "bumper" at the rear of the trailer that hangs down BELOW the wheel and tire TOP on the vette be on back of the wheel/tire on the vette without bending, crushing, shredding, or what not - am i the only one that noticed that? i mean come on - run flats are good - but not that good!

and there are no skid marks that would suggest it slid sideways into that position.

The pic is real. This guy was attempting to pass someone on the right using the shoulder not realizing there was semi parked there. Anti lock brakes don't leave skid marks, but I don't think thiis guy had enough time to get his foot to the brake pedal.

in some way shape or form, i'm calling  :bs

The pic is real. This guy was attempting to pass someone on the right using the shoulder not realizing there was semi parked there. Anti lock brakes don't leave skid marks, but I don't think thiis guy had enough time to get his foot to the brake pedal.

while this may be possible, realize what i am saying - see how the "bumper" of the truck is BEHIND the wheels of the vette? how did they get that way withough puncturing that tire and bending that rim?

3,503 lbs of trouble
while this may be possible, realize what i am saying - see how the "bumper" of the truck is BEHIND the wheels of the vette? how did they get that way withough puncturing that tire and bending that rim?

The wheel passed under to the right of the bumper.

3,503 lbs of trouble
in some way shape or form, i'm calling  :bs

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...#post1552214221

The wheel passed under to the right of the bumper.

I have a feeling the trailer dropped back down after the accident and settled into that position.

ICKY :ack

A friend of mine did something similar. He was drunk driving home late one night and drove under a tractor trailer stopped on the side of the road. The back end of the trailer (the rectangular part the hangs down) lacerated his heart. Died in the emergency room. What a waste.