NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

a question for the gear heads

jmartin

What can you guys tell me about whats involved in building a forged stroker? Theres a lot of options out there and from what Ive heard so far they say stay away from the eagle cranks and theres a lot of different brands out there of which I hear they all come from the same foundry just go do different places to be machined. Lunati cranks are the only ones that are american made and the prices certainly reflect that.

I would suggest getting a hold of Glenn - ICULUKIN or maybe Drewstein.

I believe they have done a forged block with Forced Induction.

Depending on the stroker.

402 = no real machine work its all stoke no bore. So its Crank, Pistons, Rods, and all the ARP hardware and replace all the bearings, good set of heads and a pulley change for the blower a few upgrades to fuel system will be needed and be good

408 = your block + machine work + all the above

427 = your block + lots of machine work + whats in the first line and really good heads and a much bigger fuel system depending on the amount of power you want and you will need bigger headers like 1 7/8ths kooks if you don't already have them.

thats a minimal description just kinda broad.

Guest 1FASTC4
What can you guys tell me about whats involved in building a forged stroker? Theres a lot of options out there and from what Ive heard so far they say stay away from the eagle cranks and theres a lot of different brands out there of which I hear they all come from the same foundry just go do different places to be machined. Lunati cranks are the only ones that are american made and the prices certainly reflect that.

I built a forged 383, Jack. How can I help?

I built a forged 383, Jack. How can I help?

Maybe we can get a chance to chat soon, still exploring all my options. Im working all day tomarrow maybe either later in the afternoon or even sometime sunday give me a call if youve got some free time.