NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I think my Vette badly needs lowering Opinions/a

Guest 1FASTC4

Hey all. I recently did some extensive stuff to my c4. To save all the gory details suffice it to say that the engine weighs about at least 50 pounds less, there are new koni adjustable shocks, and new rims/ tires. Looking at the car, it seems like it DESPERATELY needs lowering. Please look at the pick below and tell me what you think. No need to sugar coat.

54_1125610604_img_0153.jpg

Next question.Should i decide to lower it, does anyone know someone who could do it and do it well? I read a nice "how to" article and it is very doable but I just don't have the inclination. I just found out on the 16th thqat my wife is pregnant with 6, yes 6, children. FWIW there are two sets of identical twins in the oven and no-one has ever heard of this.... ever. Anyway, as you can imagine my mind is elsewhere and I'd just rather have someone else do it.... suggestions?

Thanks much for all your advice/opinions.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Should i decide to lower it, does anyone know someone who could do it and do it well?... Anyway, as you can imagine my mind is elsewhere and I'd just rather have someone else do it.... suggestions?

Call Doug Bromley at Bromley's Performance Corvette in Chandler:

(480) 390-2652

He can lower it right.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Does it look like it needs lowering? I'm fearful that "It's just me".

If you think it's too high, then it's too high for you.

I'd have to see the whole car before I could decide if I think it's too high.

Does it look like it needs lowering? I'm fearful that "It's just me".

Nice monster truck you've got there.

But you may not want my opinion. On the last cruise I hit two spots and the car was so low that I smelled tire smoke. I think it was the tires rubbing the inside of the fenders at the top.

I would lower.

If you decide to try it check the tech section on the corvette forum under the c4 section.

Good luck with the 6 new ones.

Phil... :devil

Wouldn't it be 3 sets of twins? 3 x 2 = 6

Anyways, yeah, it looks a little high, but what Bryan said, you don't want it to hit the fender.

Is there any way to get the specs on the range of movement of the suspension?

With our cars being fiberglass, I'm sure someone at one point has had a tire travel up thru a fender...

I really appreciate all your input. I'll call doug today.

Don, there are different types of twins... I had to have my RN wife explain it to me.

A group of multiples... 4 or more, is called super twins.

OK, a pair of twins that comes from two different eggs/sperm are call fraternal twins.(very similar DNA but different)

a pair of twins that comes from the same egg/sperm is called identical twins(they have exact same DNA)

So among the 4 eggs in our case that are making babies, 2 eggs spontaneouly divided, creating 2 sets of identical twins. The other two eggs remained as "singletons" giving us a total of 6 in the oven.(oh my)

Don, there are different types of twins... I had to have my RN wife explain it to me.

OK, a pair of twins that comes from two different eggs/sperm are call fraternal twins.(very similar DNA but different)

a pair of twins that comes from the same egg/sperm is called identical twins(they have exact same DNA)

So among the 4 eggs in our case that are making babies, 2 eggs spontaneouly divided, creating 2 sets of identical twins. The other two eggs remained as "singletons" giving us a total of 6 in the oven.(oh my)

Dayummm, stay away from my wife! :lol J/K Congrats and good luck with your own soccer team! :thumbs

Can I get credit for Biology 101 now? :D

Is that your garage??? Man, it looks like it needs some cleaning.... :P

You know if you left it that high, you could probably convert it to a nastalgic top fuel straight axle..... :P

It does look kinda' high to me....

Andrew

It looks a little high.....I would lower it but not to low so you can't go over speed bumbs...like the kids rides :lol

Thanks for the tip on Doug. I gave him a call and he was very helpful and knowledgeable. I'm going to bring the car to him after I finish up the transmission.

Thanks again everyone, you were a big help!

:)