NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Head gasket project, epilogue with photos

F22trainer

F22trainer

Just thought I would share for all those who helped and have not seen the fruits of their efforts after all the loose ends got taken care of:

I dug up a couple of "before" photo's that didn't get out to show the contrast note the airbrushed emblem that was finally finished last weekend.

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

MANY MANY THANX to all for the encouragement and assistance. Now the bonus news:

My mileage has gone up from about 16.9 (to / from DVT airport) before the overhaul and is now at 24.4 on the freeway to my new job in Glendale. Was 20.2 for the prior week to DVT airport

ROCK ON C4's

anmracing2

Looks like you had some pros working on it......

Glad to hear the MPG went up, especially with the price of gas...

Andrew

F22trainer
Looks like you had some pros working on it......

Glad to hear the MPG went up, especially with the price of gas...

Andrew

...that I did!!! Definitely a hand full of ACE's :ACE:

F22trainer

definitely easier to break the tires loose on take off - and they're new. I'd like to stick it up on the dyno now that she's all happy. Never got it checked after the headers / exhaust install and before all this other stuff.

Hmmm, let me scan other topics here for a dyno day...

Michael

Verry happy that you are happy Michael! Glad to seem them new mpg #'s also! :thumbs Looks gret under there, is that a hair hanging from the right side of the hood??? :banghead:lol

Azmotorhead

Looks great Michael!

Couple of things to improve performance can be done

1 Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

And a custom chip burned for your PCM.

Contact Arizona TPI for both

F22trainer
Verry happy that you are happy Michael! Glad to seem them new mpg #'s also! :thumbs Looks gret under there, is that a hair hanging from the right side of the hood??? :banghead:lol

...yeah, and there's some scalp attached to it as well. You know, I never started bumping my head on that thing until you perfected the technique. Now I feel like wearing the bike helmet everytime I get under there.

F22trainer
Looks great Michael!

Thanks for the tip! I may be doing brakes next though - looking for new caliper brackets and can't find them anywhere. Any ideas? Thought about doing a C5 upgrade, but I think that will be out of the budget.

Looks great Michael!

Thanks for the tip! I may be doing brakes next though - looking for new caliper brackets and can't find them anywhere. Any ideas? Thought about doing a C5 upgrade, but I think that will be out of the budget.

I have "gently used" rotors and pads....if ya need

Looks great Michael!

I am sure you can find some used parts that were taken off a C5 for their own upgrade or get a hold of BLEWXU to see what he can help with on new parts at a lower cost.

Everything looks great in those after pictures shots. Nice job. :thumbs

I can't believe how clean it is there now! You could almost compete with Phil & Tim. :yesnod

M~

F22trainer
I can't believe how clean it is there now! You could almost compete with Phil & Tim. :yesnod

M~

...just to be mentioned in the same sentence is a hell of a compliment. :partydance:

F22trainer
Looks great Michael!

I have "gently used" rotors and pads....if ya need

So now all I gotta do is find calipers and brackets...unless someone knows of something I am overlooking?