Something is taking over my living room....

BSeery

Before it was the cats that had the run of the house.

Now the FedEx Home guy brought something that even they fear......

New tires for the Vega !

tire.jpg

Hey !! That is my spot on the floor !!!

tire3.jpg

Sylvester doesn't know what to think of the new intrusion into her living room.

tire2.jpg

It's not like I have small hands either.

I hope to get them mounted up on Friday. I have to go to work in Albq. and Santa Fe the next two days so play time will have to wait.

My cats would of jumped in the middle of those suckers by now.

Just ordered $750 worth of stuff for the 72, $250 is core charges though. In two weeks I should have leak free power steering and brakes that work.

You going to run it on the 30th?

All hopes is to have it at the track on the 30th for some test runs.

Should have bought the Steeroids steering kit - but that get's pricey. Brakes are optional. The last 2-3 cruises it seems we always have someone that doesn't have them.

Who do you have in mind for mounting them???

Andrew

Know someone ???

I have a quote from Carroll Shelby Racing Industries, over around 38th and Broadway. I had to hunt like hell to find someone that would do them.

I am also looking for a trailer and some people who want to help out a crew members. It's hard to race with just the driver. It would help to have 1 - 3 people who would be at each race to help out with things like staging, record keeping, errands and help working on the car. I plan to practice as much between now and the end of the year and then race at Firebird, Speedworld and maybe Tucson full time next year.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Sylvester doesn't know what to think of the new intrusion into her living room.

Sylvester has a new rubber "scratching post". :willy

ADS and extreme both have tire mounting and balancing machines

But will they do slicks with inner tubes?

Desert Rat sells Mickey Thompson tires and even they won't mount them with inner tubes, and if they did mount them they say you can not spin balance these tires. They have to be "bubble" balanced (old school).

I don't know if that is true or not, but I will find out when Carroll Shelby in Phoenix does the work on Friday.

The other tires still had a TON of tread left on them but the sidewalls are cracking so bad from dry rot that I can see cords.

Poor car hasn't been raced in about 10 years.

I got the "log book" for the car in the mail today. This thing has a history going back into the late '80's. It's a consistent 11.5 car at 5000 feet elevation. It should run 11.5 - 11.7 with my weight in it down here at 1100 feet after some tuning. As long as it runs consistently I am not looking for anything faster than that.

As long as it runs consistently I am not looking for anything faster than that.

BWahAhAhAhAh!!!!

Famous last words coming from you Bryan....

I'm going add my own quote: "Well see! how long that lasts". :smilelol

I don?t know about a trailer but I do have a connection at Discount Tire Direct up at the Scottsdale Airpark, and depending on which Discount Tire Co. store you are by, I have a few friends at some of the DTC stores.

I may be able to get them to help you out. I don?t see why some places won?t balance the tires. It shouldn?t be a problem.

Give me a call at 602-762-0348 and I?ll see what I can do for you. I?m off tomorrow so maybe we can meet on this someplace.

Andrew

Who do you have in mind for mounting them???

Andrew

Know someone ???

I have a quote from Carroll Shelby Racing Industries, over around 38th and Broadway. I had to hunt like hell to find someone that would do them.

I am also looking for a trailer and some people who want to help out a crew members. It's hard to race with just the driver. It would help to have 1 - 3 people who would be at each race to help out with things like staging, record keeping, errands and help working on the car. I plan to practice as much between now and the end of the year and then race at Firebird, Speedworld and maybe Tucson full time next year.

Let me know when you're coming down.

I can stand around and look important.

Dewey

We can install tubes and balance them. We will use tape weights and you will need to supply Red Greens favorite tool, Duct tape and talcum powder so the tube dosen't stick.

I say we like I am going to do all the work.... I just watch and point out what needs to be done. A natural supervisor I am.....

Give me a call and I'll see what DTC store we can do this at, if not tomorrow then Saturday after noon...

Andrew

Guest XLR8TNC5

Hey, can I borrow those for my car if you don't get them installed by the 30th. :D Just kidding! Can't wait to see that Vega run! Whether it is the 30th or not, I just can't wait.

Tanya

P.S. Sylvester looks just like one of my ol kitties named Peppurr!

Bryan you have a PM. I couldnt get through on the phone....

Andrew

got the message.

It must be the wierd alien activity hear in New Mexico screwing up the phones again.

Hey Bryan,

We need some pics of the Vega now that you have some good rubber on it.... I would have gone with you to put them on but we had a dinner date.

Andrew

I left a "thank you" post over at http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=628&st=80 .

I won't be able to take pictures until Friday. It's in the garage and it's too tight in there to backup and get a picture. Just come out to the track on Friday and look it over there !! It's going to take a lot of tire gloss for those side walls :D

Thanks again for the help.

The fronts fit --- just barely :eek

I left a "thank you" post over at http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=628&st=80 .

I won't be able to take pictures until Friday. It's in the garage and it's too tight in there to backup and get a picture. Just come out to the track on Friday and look it over there !! It's going to take a lot of tire gloss for those side walls :D

Thanks again for the help.

The fronts fit --- just barely :eek

Bryan-

It was good to meet you-and you're welcome! We will be out there, but we'll be separate since Andrew's got to work until 5. He works at the Scottsdale Airpark, so I doubt he'd get to Firebird by 6. I'll look for the Vega :burnout

Melissa

Andrew's got to work until 5. He works at the Scottsdale Airpark, so I doubt he'd get to Firebird by 6. I'll look for the Vega :burnout

Melissa

If he can't, he'll have trouble hanging with this group on the next cruise! :D

I'll be there for sure. I'm taken the camera so hopefully I'll get a lot of pics....

:burnout:burnout

__________________ finish line!!!!

Andrew