NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Street Racing Now Legal in Poland...

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

According to CarCraft magazine, police in the city of Lodz, Poland have come up with a solution to the problem of car racing. They've created a street legal section for racers. According to Yahoo! Cars UK and Ireland, police hope that by making street racing legal in areas, crashes involving young drivers will be reduced. The races will be held on closed off public roads. Too Cool!!

Careful, talking about street racing around here might could ruffle some feathers...

ok nimrod,

ther is a difference in saying " another country is trying XXXX to reduce teenage death"

AND

" so im cruzing on hwy60 and Mill an this POS ricer wants to go. so im like, ok. and he is like ok and ok we go and I would have won but this lady pulls out infront of me when im doing 150MPH! WTF she could have kille me! stupid driver its all her fault. "

I dont condone street racing but i aint no saint.

Drew made me do it...

Ya ya ya, I'm just breakin balls.... I'd be all for the US doing something like that. The kids are gonna race, going to the track just isn't reasonable and doesn't offer the same type of action as the street scene. I too am no saint, but agree that there is a time and place, and a closed off road makes a great place for it.

Kudos to Poland for trying to work out a solution. Telling street racers to take is to the track is like telling teens to not have sex. Great in theory, but get real, it'll never work.

Kudos to Poland for trying to work out a solution. Telling street racers to take is to the track is like telling teens to not have sex. Great in theory, but get real, it'll never work.

good analogly :thumbs

There's a good polack joke in here somewhere.....

I'm doing my very best to resist... trust me.

Desertdawg

Yeah and maybe even a "Polock" joke too!!!

We have to many lawyers in the US for something like that to ever materialize.

Just look at the Nürburgring in Germany, you can drive off the street, pay your fee and take a lap. Does anyone see Firebird letting us do that?

Yeah and maybe even a "Polock" joke too!!!

Tomato, tomÄto...if I woulda said "Pole" joke you woulda said something sexually deviant. :smilelol

Polack[1] (from the Polish word Polak, meaning a Polish male person, feminine Polka) is another word for a Polish person, more common in the earlier 20th Century. The more common current term is Pole[2]. Mostly considered as a slur by the English culture.

Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. A Pole or person of Polish descent.

Desertdawg

I wasn't trying to be a shmuck! Just thought it was spelled lock, not lack...