NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C5 wins Pinks All Out

MOTV8

:banannasword::banannasword::banannasword: EAT IT FORD! :banannasword::banannasword::banannasword:

post-263-1210629153.jpg

The MTI Racing C5 of Paul Smith won Pinks All Out at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce Georgia this weekend. Several other corvettes were participating amongst the 450 entries shooting for the Final 16. Paul Smith Jr was competing with a field of seasoned racers that had all qualified between 10.32 and 10.35 for a heads up shootout with a $10,000 cash prize and an $8,000 set of tools and tool box. The tool box was slightly larger than Paul's first house! Paul was focused, hit the groove and ran through the field winning EVERY pass during the weekend. :rockon2:

The final battle was to meet a Mustang in a hot lap competition with no stopping, no shutting the car off, and no exiting the vehicle. Man to man, heads up. The 1st car to win 2 out of 3 races was the Champion. The stands were PACKED with at least 30,000 people! After Rich dropped his hands, the Corvette screamed down the track to win race 1. The folks at MTI were told that the reaction times of Paul were the best they had ever seen in a PINKS competition. With a normally aspirated footbrake car they were obviously in the minority. The Corvette waited for the Mustang to ready himself for another run down the track. They line up, the arms drop, and Paul Smith rockets down the strip for the WIN!!!

This was a major television victory for Corvette owners and drag racing enthusiasts. :burnout2

I'd love to know what he's runnin for hardware to do 10's .. curious an all :)

-Frank (Habu wants to grow up to be a 10 second car ;)

Can we find out when this will be on TV. I would like to see it.

According to the PINKS crew, the show will air on August 14th. :cfdeadagain

Can we find out when this will be on TV. I would like to see it.

According to the PINKS crew, the show will air on August 14th. :cfdeadagain

I am sure that the car will turn black by then and be 3 tenths faster.......

Marana Rich

Somebody is BLUE with envy.

Desertdawg

You know every vette nut in the country is going to be watching....

That's a lot of nuts... :bolt::lol

I still haven't seen the one that they taped in Tucson... Did I miss it, or is it still in the works? Anyone? Beuller...... Beuller........

• 2 months later...

Well, bad news/good news....unfortunately...I forgot to remind you about this. But I just watched it, and that MTI 'vette rocks. I don't even mind that its red. And getting to stomp that Mustang in the final is just too cool. :phil evil:

Guest Sidewinder

I watched it, fast car AND it was an A4.

That will make the "You don't have a real vette if it's an auto" crowd shut up...

Guest Avenged87fold

The one they taped in Tucson last NOVEMBER, just aired a couple weeks ago. I doubt it will be on TV that quick.

Aug 14th??? Man, that's a long time from now. :lol

I checked my tivo and can't find a listing for it. anyone else look for aug 14?

I didn't find it via the TiVo either, I just happened to channel surf by it. It's the "All Out" from Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA. If that helps.... :cfdeadagain

I got home and found it recorded on my DVR, great race, and what a nice C5, but I have to say that mach1 looked pretty nice too. I always liked that body style.

Somebody is BLUE with envy.

:toetap