• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• Malcolm

• Marana Rich

• Big Poppa

One thing that hasn't been mentioned that Tom spoke of in the hospital is that he now has lost the urge to smoke. Tough way to go about quitting, but awesome none the less.

That is true. I no longer have a desire to smoke, which is a good thing. They were trying to give me nicotine patches in the hospital to help me quit but I refused them. I told them that I wanted to get all of that crap out of my body not put more in. Hell of a way to quit and it has almost been a month now.

Guest racingchester

Great news that you sre back home. You probably went through a tank of gas hearing the Z running in the garage........ :banannasword:

• 2 weeks later...

Progress Report:

Went to the doctors today and he removed all of the staples from my leg and the leg is healing nicely.He does not want to see me again until September (after the Z06 fest in Bowling Green).

I go back to Tucson on the 26th of June to meet with the doctors who did the surgery and implant. My daughter will drive me there and back (one day trip) because of the dog's at home. This will be 4 weeks after discharge from the hospital.

Still taking baby steps but feel that I am getting stronger every day. Can't wait to be back in the Z again.

Tom

Excellent!!!!!!! Keep it progressing low and slow for now. You'll be back in the fast lane soon enough!!

Cheers!

Malcolm

Thanks for the update Tom, we're all pulling for you, sounds like your on the road to recovery. Keep it up so we can all come down and see you soon!!!

Robert and Elizabeth

We are glad to hear you are progressing nicely. Remember, one step at a time and you'll be right where you want to be...... driving your Z!

Can't wait for your "annual" burnout in Gila Bend next Feb!

Can't wait for your "annual" burnout in Gila Bend next Feb!

I think that I will decline on that. Once is enough!!!

Marana Rich

Yeah, and we haven't seen old yeller lit up yet. You are wasting all those mods if you don't do at least a 25 footer, and must have video or in presence of others to verify!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, ok, I'll see what I can do for you.

If yer not sure you can get it done, turn da bitch over to me... I'll give ya's da John Force treatment.....

Great news, just take one day at a time Tom and before you know it you will be running around the house like you just got a new pair of KEDS! Oh shit, gave away my age!

• 2 weeks later...

More good news,

Went to the doctor's in Tucson today (and got caught in the thunderstorm that hit Tucson) to meet with the surgeons who did the implant and valve job. I got the go ahead to resume normal activities, in moderation. That means I have to wash the Z tomorrow or this weekend before I take it out. They don't want me to take any long trips right now for at least another month which is fine with me. Hell, they even downloaded data from my implant (isn't wireless technology great) and told me that there was no activity from the unit since the day I left UMC (a month ago to the day). That means the meds are doing their job. UP The dosage. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

wickedfastvette
More good news,

Went to the doctor's in Tucson today (and got caught in the thunderstorm that hit Tucson) to meet with the surgeons who did the implant and valve job. I got the go ahead to resume normal activities, in moderation. That means I have to wash the Z tomorrow or this weekend before I take it out. They don't want me to take any long trips right now for at least another month which is fine with me. Hell, they even downloaded data from my implant (isn't wireless technology great) and told me that there was no activity from the unit since the day I left UMC (a month ago to the day). That means the meds are doing their job. UP The dosage. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Glad to hear that Tom! Isnt it cool how the put that thing over your computer and get a readout. Now about those scars :smilelol

Great News, Tom. Can't wait to meet you at some event coming up. Glad everything is going your way. :rockon2:

High five Tom!! Let the lawn gnomes everywhere tremble in fear... Tom got his wheels back!!!