Prayers for Tom (YumaZ06)

MOTV8

Chris and Rich, thanks for the updates and looking in on Tom!! Yeah, I think a Yuma Run is definitely in order in maybe a couple of months when Tom is stronger. Rich, it's not hot out there then is it?

Tom, keep getting stronger so you can get back behind the wheel soon!

Malcolm

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• Malcolm

• Marana Rich

• Big Poppa

Speedratchet

Great news! I went and saw Tom today and he said that they're sending him home tomorrow. It is amazing how much better he looks. It was like having the old Tom back again. Thanks again for all your prayers. He really feels that they helped.

TomACE.JPG

Great News!!!! So glad he is doing better and going home. Keep a slow and steady recovery.

Nice picture Tom, Glad to see you look like you are on the road to recovery in the fast lane. Glad to see all the members are still checking in on you and seeing if there is anything we (ACE) can do for you.

Keep us informed if there is anything we can do.

Phil...

Marana Rich

Yeah Tom, way to go!

PM or call me when you are up to a visit after you get home. Your daughter has my cell phone #.

There's a nice little walking track not too far from your house I believe, since I'm thinking that will be part of your daily routine soon.

Way to go Tom! Great News!

Let us know when you're up to an ACE lunch. We missed the Yuma run this year so as soon as you're up to it we'll reschedule it. I don't care if it's the middle of August.

Great pic Gary! I too stopped by this afternoon to say goodbye to Tom and put more of these posts in his notebook. He's looking great and ready to get home. I would expect he'll be up on the forum himself in the next two days!

So, welcome back Tom!!! We're soooo happy you're back with us buddy!

And Eddie, I'm with you. We will definitely have to do a Yuma run in a couple of months.

Malcolm

I'm in fora Yuma run, and I have to assume that many of us would be. Give Tom a few weeks to recharge, and we're there....

Desertdawg

Really great news, and a really big thanks to you guys for keeping us updated. I'm sure Tom loved the company too!!!

I'll keep an eye out for them passing thru today.. :howdy

To all my A.C.E. brothers and sisters, I made it home yesterday in the evening and after a nap, got on-line for a while to start my computer. All of the updates to the virus programs and etc only allowed me to be on for a short period.

My family and I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts for all of the thoughts and prayers sent my way during this ordeal.

The power of thought and prayer DOES WORK and there were times that were touch and go and I strongly believe that all of your prayers and thoughts made the difference. At one point in ICU they had to use the paddles over 15 times to bring me back to the living.

Yuma Rich, Ester, Chris, Gary and Gwen....I can never thank you enough for being there for me. Your visits made my day and really showed me how tight the corvette community really is.

The doctors are saying that it will be 4-6 weeks before I can drive (bummmer) and hopefully I can recover from this ordeal.

I saved a section here to just tell Malcom that he ROCKS. He printed out all of the posts from A.C.E. and the Z06 forum I belong to and put them in a binder. I even got updates! The model 63 split window coupe, corvette magazines and visits from him really helped me on the road to recovery. Thanks Malcom...you truly represent the comrade with Corvette folks. It is a shame that I live at the other end of the state and do not get to see my A.C.E. brothers and sisters more often.

Again, your comments, thoughts and prayers made my day! A trip to the repair shop for a valve job, oil change and tune up is how I look at this experience. I will not miss the hospital (even though they provided excellent care) but I don't know about the sponge baths all of the cuties did for me. I fell in love many times over, heh heh.

Thanks again,

Tom

the sponge baths all of the cuties did for me. I fell in love many times over, heh heh.

Pics :toetap

j/k glad your home, and get well :angel

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Awesome news. Tom, you let us know when you are able and we'll have a caravan down to your choice of locations for lunch or something.

Glad your home dude.

Glad to see your about again. Keep getting better and like posted earlier, let us know when you can stand a day out for lunch. I've personally have never been to Yuma.

GO TOM!!! glad your back in it buddy!!! Im exited for a Yuma cruise!

Marana Rich

Hi Tom, and glad to see you are home and okay. Give a yell when up to it.

You need to tell the folks what an awesome brother you have also.

Yee Haa and welcome home Tom!!! :melissa: The cuties probably are missing you too!!! :R & E: :lol

Desertdawg

Tom,

Really great news that your home and getting better... Man what an ordeal huh?

I'm with everyone else, we need a trip to Yuma and your the best reason for a visit. Just let us know when you feel up to it and we will head your way.... Hell well even let you sit in our cars if the doc won't let you get in yours!!!!

Thanks all. It will be a least 4-6 weeks (according to the doctors) before I am well enough to drive. They had to crack my sternum so it is about the time to heal a broken bone. I still am having trouble sleeping due to the staples in my leg from where they borrowed a vein, and my internal clock is messed up from being in the hospital where they woke me up every 4 hours to get blood or run vital signs. I really appreciate all the thoughts and am looking forward to seeing you in Yuma when that finally happens. I sure that Rich will keep you posted on when I will be ready, even though July, August and September are the worse months to come here weather wise.

Good news though, I had my daughter start up my Z this morning and it started right up without a problem. I am still running the original battery that is at least 4 years old (May 2004) which is unheard of here in the heat in Yuma.

This was the first time she ever started it and she did fine. My problem wouldn't be getting into the car but getting out without busting any stitches or staples.

Great News Tom, glad to hear your back at home. I also agree that all the heartfelt thoughts and prayers helped you as well as all of us through this rough time. Im in for a celebration lunch cruise :thumbs

I'm sure your baby misses you. What if we Duct Tape you to the seat and take ya fer a spin?

One thing that hasn't been mentioned that Tom spoke of in the hospital is that he now has lost the urge to smoke. Tough way to go about quitting, but awesome none the less.

Here's to Tom feeling better!! Now everyone cross yer fingers for a cold snap in August.....