NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

SHE'S ALIVE!

anmracing2

anmracing2

2463719572_1d704eea49_o.jpg

and she sounds a little like this!wee.gif

I think she needs a couple of mufflers.......

I was looking at the date codes on the pix and realized today that it has been a year since I started messing around with this engine. Oh boy, how long is it going to take me to paint it???????????

Andrew

MMMMOPAR! :rockon2: Awesome Andrew! I'll have to drop by and hear the beast live.

Desertdawg

Thats cool Andrew, now quit puttering around the driveway and start sanding!!!

Sweeeeet! :thumbs

We should have met at your house this morning. I'd love to hear it in person.

Loud Pedal

Sounds sweet dude! There's nothing like the feeling of turning the key for the first time after spending many months on a project. All the stuff that goes through your head... "Did I remember to...?"

Congrats! :burnout

anmracing2

Believe me, I was too tempted to take her around the neighborhood.... Unfortunately there are a few things that still need to make her street worthy. The front end is still a little loose from replacing all the bushings. I never actually finished the front end stuff.......

Yup, I like to jump around on working on her, but the engine was the main part.

The muffs are next though. Just need to get the pipe........ Going with hi-flow cats and straight Thrush. It will tone her down a little but you'll still here her cuming....... :P

Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! :partygrnhat:

I wanted to have a start her up party but I was too worried she wouldn't start and I didn't want her to do me like that....

Yeah, the dreaded block sanding is on the list too....... Not exactly the fun part of this whole project.

If I wasn't so fat, I would have been doning back flips!!!!

Thanks for the compliments. I just had to tell the world!!!!!

Andrew

knkayotte

Didn't we get our motors at the same time? What took you so long? :D

Sounds sweet, first startup is always nerve racking.

anmracing2

Yeah we did. :banghead Melissa was rubbing it in when yours was started!!!!!! :angry

:P

Can't wait to get the muffs done!!!!! Going from 2.5 pipe to 3 inch pipe all the way back. I hope it sound good!

Andrew

anmracing

Six month detour into family drama hell is what happened. :willy:ken:

And Keith, as I recall, you had a ringer on your team! :partyspin:

But, I am really happy to hear the beastie startup (I'm pretty sure that couple gallons of gas is nearly gone by now)-exhaust, emissions, and tags next on the list. Can hardly wait!

M~

NICE!! Do you need me to come adjust the rockers? :willy See ya later. Robert :burnout

Final Effort

Sounds good, Thats what a real engine sounds like. No EFI or Computers. just carb & dist. KISS.

Grayeagle

ohhh yaaa .. music :)

Love it .. sounds like that Plymouth is gonna move :)

-Frank

wow... look at all the room that you have in that engine bay... congrats on gettin her going

anmracing
Sounds good, Thats what a real engine sounds like. No EFI or Computers. just carb & dist. KISS.

Oops-too bad, you're wrong about the efi and computer. Both are present in this build. It's our first foray into the land of reliable old cars via newer technology.

M~

Oops-too bad, you're wrong about the efi and computer. Both are present in this build. It's our first foray into the land of reliable old cars via newer technology.

M~

:smilelol That's funny.

Harry---> :galletos: <----M~

J/K...but still funny. :D

M~

Frank---> :galletos: <----M~

If you're gonna poke fun at least poke at the right person!

It wasn't Frank, it was Harry!

Sean> :galletos: <Eddie

anmracing

wow, I didn't know that would happen! Sorry if it sounded like a little bee-otch slap there! Seriously. :melissa: you can trust me....I'm blonde. :edward:

On the other hand, I love that it looks like a carbed car, and the computer is not visible at all, so only the people who take a hard look (yes, I said HARD :phil evil: ) will be the wiser.

M~

M~

Harry---> :galletos: <----M~

If you're gonna poke fun at least poke at the right person!

It wasn't Frank, it was Harry!

Sean> :galletos: <Eddie

Oops, my bad...I fixed it. :lol

:bolt:

Oh, and all just in fun M~, not trying to hurt anyone's feelings and I don't think yours did either.