NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Z51/Z06 C5/C6 swaybars WANTED!

jagoff

I'm looking to upgrade the weak sauce FE-1 front and rear sway bars associated with my magnetic ride control, and upgrade to Z51 or Z06 (FE-3/FE-4 respectively) sway bars.

Does anyone have them? Ive got the money.

Car is a C5... but C6 sway bars will fit!!! prefer Z51 bars if C6

-Pete-

thats insane how much bigger they are. my problem is that i cant go too big with the F55 suspension or it will be prone to snap oversteer. also, im looking for local area... so i can drive there.

Well, I did both obviously, but have not had that issue of snap oversteer...ok, mabye a litte, but that's just because of crap tires and she was doing it before anyway. :lol

Oh, and I have the F45 suspension on mine.

I went with Chad's used Z51 bars, and it stiffened up nicely with the F45. (Thanks Chad!)

yeah, man youd think for chevy's flagship, they'd have the dang sway bars in stock! not one place in this state has them.

I ordered off CF (Fred Beans) on special, and shipped tp your door :yesnod

+1

Don't half ass it either, get the 4 poly swaybar bushing kit from Energy Suspension!

DUDE

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2001842

thanks, but i want both together... ive never really liked poly bushings for sway bars... always thought if it came rubber, replace it with rubber.

Well, if it came with FE1, why not replace it with FE1? Dood, ya know I gots da love for ya, but that was a fool hearty statement about the bushings. The factory uses rubber cause it's cheap and they're quiet, not because they exhibit just the right handling characteristics. The poly bushings will make the bars much more effective by keeping them in a parallel plane with the car, allowing the bar to do what it was designed to do.

I have to agree on this one. Why do you replace the exhaust, intake, tires/rims if the factory did is so right. Poly is the only way to go. I'd also get the metal endlinks rather than the cheap plastic factory replacements.

Well, if it came with FE1, why not replace it with FE1? Dood, ya know I gots da love for ya, but that was a fool hearty statement about the bushings. The factory uses rubber cause it's cheap and they're quiet, not because they exhibit just the right handling characteristics. The poly bushings will make the bars much more effective by keeping them in a parallel plane with the car, allowing the bar to do what it was designed to do.

well the last time i used them it caused unwanted binding.... but that car wasn't a corvette.....

I have to agree on this one. Why do you replace the exhaust, intake, tires/rims if the factory did is so right. Poly is the only way to go. I'd also get the metal endlinks rather than the cheap plastic factory replacements.

i have a 2004, it came with factory metal endlinks.

Pete,

If you buy my car, I will throw in the sway bars for free lol.

how about ill buy the sway bars and you give me the car for my birthday! lol

but seriously. hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

got your PM dude, i just ordered new C6 Z51 stuff for the car. i think maybe it will tighten things up a bit. bwahahahahahaaa

Guest Sidewinder
got your PM dude, i just ordered new C6 Z51 stuff for the car. i think maybe it will tighten things up a bit. bwahahahahahaaa

Hope the C6 stuff works out for ya.

Closed