NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New motor has arrived

Guest c3keith

Guest c3keith

My new 350 arrived this morning. It looks great and I'm hoping to have it installed this week. When this is finished, this C3 should be pushing more than twice the horsepower the car had stock and rumbling with longtube headers, duel flowmaster, and a loping cam. I'm thinking I'll take the aluminum heads off the l48 block and put them on the new motor along with the mallory ignition distributor, edlebrock carb, and edlebrock performer intake manifold.

I need to have the aluminum heads checked out. When I removed the intake manifold on the l48 there was, regardless of how minute, a very small amount of metal shavings present on the top of the block. Shady. I'll probably see whats up with the cam too in the l48, its a big Comp Cam, but thats all I know. I know it could have used a stall converter with the less powerful l48.

Anyway, this is my project.

post-864-1207683797.jpg

post-864-1207683856.jpg

post-864-1207683874.jpg

Keith,

Let me know how that motor is once you get it in. I am leaning that way and I like the looks of yours. I think it would look cool in a black car.

Cheers,

Kerry

Will that manifold fit under the hood? Looks kinda tall and C3 hoods are notoriously low.

Guest c3keith
Keith,

Let me know how that motor is once you get it in. I am leaning that way and I like the looks of yours. I think it would look cool in a black car.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry, the motor builder can paint the motor any color you like. The black Chevrolet valve covers are pretty cool though. His email is hlgper@comcast.net and his phone is 281-546-6232. If you have a lil extra money, go for the 383 stroker motor. Oh, and his name is herb by the way.

Vroomvroom,

Keith

post-864-1207693162.jpg

Guest c3keith
Will that manifold fit under the hood? Looks kinda tall and C3 hoods are notoriously low.

Well, here's hoping. Like i said, I do have the edlebrock performer that I am going to swap out in a couple weeks if I put the aluminum heads on. So, I may have to put the performer on a little early if you are right. Thanks for the heads up.

you will do fine with the elderbrock intake.

I would suggest a "drop down" air cleaner pan, a thin filter, and a max flow type of air cleaner top.

While I had a High Rise hood, I also had a 1" carb spacer that fit too.

by you not having a carb spacer you can get away the combo I listed and a stock hood.

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

While cruising C3 Gen, I found a link to a 2.5" drop base air cleaner assembly

Linky

Just FYI, if you can find a better deal somewhere else, jump on it.

Guest c3keith

I would suggest a "drop down" air cleaner pan, a thin filter, and a max flow type of air cleaner top.

by you not having a carb spacer you can get away the combo I listed and a stock hood.

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

That looks pretty badass...

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

That looks pretty badass...

Thats cause it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool