NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

some back into my car

CZYDMND

Some one hit my C5 in my work parking lot

not bad but enough for me to see.....any one know

some one good with wax buffing to try and get it out as much

as possible....not ready to paint yet....... :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Sorry to hear about the situation.

How bad is the area that they hit? Is it just paint on the clear coat? Are there scratches in the clear coat? Is the paint scratched?

I have an orbitial buffer that does wonders on black paint.

IT'S NOT BAD JUST A LITTLE SCRATCH, I DON'T THINK IT WENT THE CLEAR COAT,, BUT I REALLY DON'T LIKE LOOKING AT THAT MUCH MAKES ME MAD...

JUST UNDER THE LEFT BLINKER...

HEY WHAT IS THAT UNDER THE HOOD....DOES IT STAY THERE (1EVILC5)

Try some meguiars scratch X by hand first to remove the surface scratches and other vehicles paint. Then a good wax on next.

If it still looks bad, then I will offer up my portal cable orbital buffer to see if that will help.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Some one hit my C5 in my work parking lot

not bad but enough for me to see.....any one know

some one good with wax buffing to try and get it out as much

as possible....not ready to paint yet....... :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

same thing happened to me 2 days ago cept on my door... looks more like someone either nicked it with a bumper or walked by with heavy chains on... ruined my day

YEA DOES'NT JUST MESS UP THE REST OF YOUR DAY.....I KNOW HAVE TO PARK IT FAR AWAY WHICH I HATE.........I LOVE HER...... :wub

I ALWAYS HAVE ON CAPS LOCK THAT HOW MY SYSTEM WORKS AT WORK EVERYTHING HAS TO BE IN UPPER CASE....sorry...

Guest XLR8TNC5

I know the feeling about having you car hit at work. My boss backed into my Eclipse about 5 years ago and took out the front fender. Then, after I got my Vette, someone did the same thing that you mentioned under the rear sidemarker. I still have those scratches in it.

Then.......the hubby, ahem........Backed it into the garage inside wall and really fricked her up good. If he weren't so sorry about it, I would have killed him. I need a new paint job on the car anyway, so Im not going to worry about all the problems right now. My plan is to get a new paint job next year. Right now, I am more focused on performance and replacing those damn rocking chairs they call seats in the car.

Sorry to hear your cars got messed up guys! I know that sick feeling oh so well. And trust me, it does not help that we drive Black Vettes.

Tanya

P.S. C5BlackVette, your caps were not on in your original post. Just an FYI, when you use your Caps lock, it is a sign that you are shouting your intentions. It is just an "internet" manners kind of thing not to use caps lock all the time. :thumbs

Sorry about the caps lock at work and the system requires me to use uppercase for to accept the loan application....I will and try to keep it off...sorry i was not yelling just new to this whole thing on-line chats......

Yea black shows everything.......but it is my baby can't wait to upgrade her...

Then.......the hubby, ahem........Backed it into the garage inside wall and really fricked her up good. If he weren't so sorry about it, I would have killed him.

Hey Tanya-

I'm a newbie here :howdy , but your post about your hubby made me laugh! My hubby did something similar and didn't notice it until the next time he took the vette out. Then, he tried to blame me! Since I hadn't driven the car that week and never back into the garage-it was easy to put him in his place. Still have the red paint on the garage door frame and the smudge on the fender. What a goof. And it always happens when he drives my cars-my Olds has been hit twice at his work parking lot (once by his boss)! And they talk about women drivers.... ;)

BTW, What times are you making in that C5?

Melissa

I still think that I was framed for that!!!!!

It's always the guy's fault, just ask my red headed wife..... :devil

Guest XLR8TNC5

Melissa, firstly, welcome to the ACE forum! Secondly, so happy to see another female on the board who is an enthusiast about our Vettes!

Yes, the hubby has put a few dings on my car, AND tried the "you did it" with me as well. Must be a "husband thing." :crazy

Will you and Andrew be joining us for the cruise to Showlow tomorrow? Would love to check out your baby!

Take care,

Tanya

P.S. I am running 12.6's for right now.

P.S. I am running 12.6's for right now.

Very impressive! I look forward to seeing it in action sometime!

I'm afraid mine will be in the 15s or worse. I've never taken it out as I'm afraid of fragging the muncie and I only have one other (in the Olds). It was different when I had more spare parts, but .... besides I took the Plymouth out one weekend (several years ago) on a vette night (didn't know about it) and beat all that came up against it. It sort of took the wind out of my sails about stock vette ETs. bummer.

anyway-don't mean to hijack the thread- :D

I'll try to play by the rules-but I'm still 70% evil!

Melissa