NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Hey Sean...bring it on!

dewey

Well, thanks to the lady who runs the Youth Center on DM failing to acknowledge that I had the field reserved until after Luke scheduled another game with someone else (no big deal, can't blame the guy), I made it out to the RPM Corvettes All Out for my first ever taste of drag racing.

What I thought to be men wearing dresses doing the 100 yard dash actually turned out to be something else. Being a total and complete nOOb to putting my car down the 1/4, I don't think I did too badly.

Actually, it turned into bracket racing, and I ended up somehow winning the whole damn thing, although John was coming on fast....

And Sean, since you are the current ACE drag racing champ (I do NOT want to see you in a dress), I'll settle for reigning RPM Corvettes Drag King!!! Wish you could have made it, it was fun.

Oh, and since it's only fair....time slips. And I am car #0770

My maiden run in the 1/4 mile:

29Marpass1.jpg

My second pass, which won me my money back + some, due to the fact I was closest to my dial in time, I was off by .103, Malcom was, IIRC, .11something:

29Marpass2.jpg

Which also got me a bye into the first round of eliminations:

29Marpass3.jpg

Then I though for sure I was done for, but pulled it out on the semi-final round:

29Marpass4.jpg

Then the finals...he was coming...I was just hoping to hold on...I also didn't know at the time he had red-lighted, but I still beat him across the finish...barely.

29Marpass5.jpg

All in all, a great time, and a special thanks to Greg, Ken and Austin for putting this on.

now i want to go racing...should put another day at the track together. then you can race Sean and i can get in some more practice time.

now i want to go racing...should put another day at the track together. then you can race Sean and i can get in some more practice time.

Well, if you move down to CG, then you'll be able to make more events.

Not sure how much more practice you need with .055 reaction times!!!

i actually did have a question about your times..i am still learning...i thought you werent aloud to run under your dial time?

but i noticed the two you did that, the other car red lighted and the other they ran even further under there time than you did.

That's the way it works Brian. If you red light, you lose. If both break out, the one who breaks out the least wins. :lol

Dewey, I'm game as soon as I can scratch the funds for some DR's. I REALLY want to run this thing down the track with N2O set-up. I'm actually dieing waiting to do so. :(

Guess I'll have to be spot on with how your R/T's got better and better. :thumbs

:partygrnhat: Congrats Dewey!!! Way to win it for the black team! :rockon2:

Now I'm off to change my sig, since I'm jealous of those championship titles... :smilelol

Nice reaction times off the line :)

Yer gonna be a terror if you can keep under 1.0 reaction times goin .. should be fun :)

-Frank