NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Got me a C3

knkayotte

Updated 9/11

Link to more pictures 72Vette.

Hood is off :party

Power steering assembly is leaking big time. That will be the first project. Trans and engine look to be holding all of their fluids. Don?t even want to think about the fuel system at this time.

Some of the wiring scares me. Overall, this is going to be a nice project car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ended up buying the 72 that was for sale on the forum. Thank god Bryan showed up to help push that sucker on to the car hauler. Will take some pictures tomorrow. Have to figure how to get the hood off now since the latch is broken. :banghead

I can see the front hood bolts from under the car, will take them off tomorrow and see where that gets me.

Later all,

Keith

as for the cable, first find out where it is broken.

Pull the handle and see what happens. If it's broken at the handle there may be enough cable under the dash to grab with a pair of pliers and pull the cable to open it up.

If it's broken under the hood that takes a lot more work. You will need to get the wiper door up and then on each corner there is a small hole between the wiper cowl area and the engine area. You should be able to stick a long screwdriver in through this hole and trip the hood latch. There may be a small rubber / plastic plug blocking the hole that will need to be removed.

If you post in the C3 Tech section of the Corvette Forum you may get better instructions and even some photos.

Broke inside the engine bay. Did a search on the forum, came up with the same info you just wrote Bryan. Found one plug on the passanger side but nothing on the drivers side. There is a plate on the drivers side held with four bolts. Thought that would give me straight shot to the hood latch.

Took the bolts out but the plate will not budge. Got dark so I'll play with it tomorrow.

Not to mention I've got to make room for it in the garage still.

Keith

Very Nice Kieth, glad you got it :thumbs

I was looking for one to play with, but I think it would be better to wait until the kids are through with college...

Ended up buying the 72 that was for sale on the forum.

Congrats on the new ride! As usual, another beautiful vette to the family! :burnout

Guest XLR8TNC5

Congrats on your new project! Looks like it is going to be a lot of fun!

So, what did you see when you got that hood open? (Inquiring minds want to know.)

Take care,

Tanya

Congrats on your new project! Looks like it is going to be a lot of fun!

So, what did you see when you got that hood open? (Inquiring minds want to know.)

Take care,

Tanya

Engine and a carburetor. Girls and cars :leaving

:D

Actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Power steering pump is caked with dirt and has no fluid. Few wires need to replaced. Vacuum lines look to be in good shape, will know more when car is started.

Link to more pictures 72Vette.

Cool pictures! What happened to the Uhaul trailer fender?

I was watching Spike TV yesterday and seen an old episode of them rebuilding a red C3. I believe a 383 build up and new suspension and brakes. It might be on right now if you go and check. I think it starts at 12:30.

Looks exciting to start a new project.

Have fun.

"What happened to the Uhaul trailer fender?"

You can tilt the fender over to its side to open the drivers side door.

Keith,

Be sure to locate the holes Bryan was telling you about, because when you put on a new hood cable, and then shut the hood your going to realize that the new cable is going to need adjusting and the hood is going to be stuck closed again...

Pictures look great, I'm kind of sorry I missed this one...

She's Pretty,, what color are you thinking.......sounds like alot of fun, I would love to rebuild one, no space....... :burnout

2nd thought she looks pretty in blue.... After looking more at thie pics,,

my uncle has a 75 in the garage rotting away...he's the origanal owner....

I've tried to convince him to let me have it ;)...He says he's going to rebuild it one day....

;)...He says he's going to rebuild it one day....

Heard it a hundred times... Unless you go a light the fire under his rear, he will never get it done...

Sad that so many of them rot away because of this one statement!