For those of us that actually post

Togo

We used to maintain a spreadsheet (bryan still might be maintaining that) that had names addresses and phone numbers - is there still interest in this?

i for one know i'd like a few of the numbers of a few of the members especially in the predicament with my brake booster (you know who you are :D )

is there any more interest for this besides mine?

i realize that this used to be one heck of a list - but it shouldn't be that big - with only about 20 of us on it!

the old spreadsheet included the following

name

CF name

home phone

cell phone

(pager i think)

AIM names

blah blah blah blah!

so.....what say you!?!?!?!

I have the sheet. It's semi-current, but not everyone lists there cell phone, address and all that info.

I did put some of the information on the "members" page at http://arizonavette.net/members.htm , but someone bitched that I put there name up and it then showed up on a Goggle search. So, I stopped updating that page as well.

If someone wants their info posted they can go put that information on their profile. Just click on "my controls" above and add it into a section like "personal interests" under "my profile". We do have a line for address and phone, but those were set up to NOT show to everyone. I can change that, but then I would have to go in and delete all the info in all those fields first or I would be breaking my security promise to the members that did fill in that information. After that people would have to go re-populate that info.

Other option is that Chris starts a post, I can "pin" it, and everyone who wants to can add their phone number, address, and other info.

I never had AIM info in the old spread sheet. Just name, CF name, address, phones, and year, color and type of Vette.

You want to know where I live so you can come steal my whatever!! :huh

HOW do you replace those hard to get parts!! :toetap

Inquiring minds what to know why you want to know.................

Ken

You want to know where I live so you can come steal my whatever!! :huh

HOW do you replace those hard to get parts!! :toetap

Inquiring minds what to know why you want to know.................

Ken

oh stop - you get your car worked on at Extreme - which means something's wrong with it most of the time - what would i want from THAT car? :leaving

i speak lies? remember the headlight issue at hooters last drag night? :P

i'm just looking for phone numbers - and for a few select people at that - i already have dwaynes, bryand, and glenns - and have been given "donut dan's" and i think one others.

but rather than hoping the person i am trying to contact checks their PMs - it sure would be easier to simply call them!

ok, so let's do this - bryan has the spread sheet - and there's way too many names on there - if you want your info public (to members only) if bryan can increase my PM quantity where i can get a few more (i have several saved with mechanics numbers, and salsa recipes etc.) i can start a NEW spreadsheet with just the few of us - like i said, it'll only have about 20 names on it - as that's all that's posting and meeting!!!!

3,503 lbs of trouble
I did put some of the information on the "members" page at http://arizonavette.net/members.htm , but someone bitched that I put there name up and it then showed up on a Goggle search. So, I stopped updating that page as well.

Just an FYI - There is a meta tag that should prevent the page from being indexed by search engines, but still, in this day and age folks like their privacy. In the DeLorean club there is a members only password protected page/section on the Web site that contains everyone's address, phone, e-mail, etc. If we did something like that it would keep the general public away from our info, but considering all that you have to do to join A.C.E. is send an e-mail, bad elements of the general public could still easily get the info with a little effort.

Chris, I honestly think you should contact those A.C.E. members you want to be able to contact via phone at a moments notice and simply put them in your address book. If this were a more intimate group or formal club with only a few members I'd say there should be a protected phone list that only the members could access, but A.C.E. is a different kind of group, and you never know who could end up with your address and phone in our case. Don't think it's a good idea.

I agree with Dan. In this day of ID theft, etc. I really don't want my address and phone numbers on a public forum. Any of you folks that want my phone numbers probably have them and if not let me know the next time we're together.

Better safe than sorry! :yesnod

I agree with Dan. In this day of ID theft, etc. I really don't want my address and phone numbers on a public forum. Any of you folks that want my phone numbers probably have them and if not let me know the next time we're together.

Better safe than sorry! :yesnod

:agree

Hey Chris if you want my # just call me and I'll be glad to give it to ya! :smilelol

• 3 weeks later...
I agree with Dan.  In this day of ID theft, etc. I really don't want my address and phone numbers on a public forum.  Any of you folks that want my phone numbers probably have them and if not let me know the next time we're together.

Better safe than sorry!  :yesnod

:agree

Hey Chris if you want my # just call me and I'll be glad to give it to ya! :smilelol

I was gonna call you to find out what that means, but after I started to dial the number, I realized that I don?t HAVE your number!!!! :smilelol:smilelol

Andrew