NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

CORVETTE RESEARCH STUDY

Speedratchet

Speedratchet

Here is a survey that was forward to me from Wendell Strode. Please complete it if you have the time.

Gary

If anyone would want to help with this student's project, please do so. Shelly has agreed to provide the Museum a copy of her research findings.

Wendell Strode

Executive Director

CorvetteMuseum.com

The Gateway To All Things Corvette

Calling All Corvette Owners!

I am currently conducting a CORVETTE RESEARCH STUDY!

As a Corvette lover myself, I understand the enthusiasm these cars have excited since their debut over fifty years ago. Thus, for the second project in my technology class at the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, I have undertaken the mission to answer the age old question posed by non-enthusiasts since the car's debut: "Why are Corvettes loved for their speed and performance when laws prevent them from being driven to their full potential?" With your help, perhaps, we can finally explore this fundamental aspect of the Corvette's appeal! Again, thank you for your participation and please forward this survey to other Corvette owners you might know!

I have posted two surveys at the links below, each containing 10 short questions. Please complete both surveys and be as specific as possible in your answers. Thank you so much for your cooperation!

Shelly

UCA Student

Fellow Corvette Devotee

Corvettes of Arkansas Limited, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corvette Survey 1:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=lxu7...1f7UGmmiQ_3d_3d

Corvette Survey 2:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Oohy...2Z2MW_2bA_3d_3d

I started to do it, but when three of the questions in the first survey asked the same question (what factory performance options) I said screw it and left.

Seems like a lot of profiling as well.

Actually, it asked about improvements you have made to the car, and factory performance options that came with the car. I filled it out and sent it in. My last camment was " The Government needs to stay out of the free market, and stop trying to regulate everything."

Did both of 'em, the first one I gotta wonder if english is taught there at that college.

I hammered the combined questions ..just poor form if you want to come across clearly and to the point.

Also put 'see above' in a few as they were redundant.

The second one .. ROFL.

'How do you feel about people that say the Vette belongs on the race track'

and 'Government horsepower cap on street driven cars' ..and many more on that theme.

I told them I choose not to drive some mundane cookie-cutter, bore me to tears, everyone else drives one just like it POS.

I choose NOT to be mundane, mk thx.

And I still get 30mpg, and can stop, go, corner better than most.

As for 'the people' that think this or that .. I regard them the same as 'the people' that dont eat red meat.

Just means there's more for me any day I want to fire up the BBQ.

I especially liked the question about 'what if' GM reduced the horsepower by 50 percent.

answer: You mean like the late 70's early 80's dogged out vettes that were the laughing stock of any performance auto get together?

How were sales those days? I bet they outright *sucked* compared to any performance years.

Just my 2 copper.

I especially liked the question about 'what if' GM reduced the horsepower by 50 percent.

answer: You mean like the late 70's early 80's dogged out vettes that were the laughing stock of any performance auto get together?

How were sales those days? I bet they outright *sucked* compared to any performance years.

Just my 2 copper.

Semi-hijack of a hijack:

Frank, you got me thinking again, dangerous at anytime, ...I knew production actually soared during those "dogged out" years (see chart) - which doesn't necessarily equate to SALES - but interesting that the numbers rose in those years between '75 and '80. '84 was another big year, and the new C6 numbers are averaging around 30-34K. So it seems like they did sell, or at least make, more Corvettes at that time....unfathomably.

post-263-1205338316.gif

End hijack. Back to the regularly scheduled Research Project. :cfdeadagain

Wow.

I am really surprised they sold more Vette's during the years they did.

It appears the 'golden age' for sales was during '75-'85, when base hp was the lowest ever for a Vette.

Even the world beater C-5 hasn't come close to matching those years, .. just .. wow.

-Frank

You also have to remember 75 thru 85 were some really bad years for emissions equipment, my 82 with a factory rated 200 hp was still top of the dog pile ( IN 82 ) for horsepower.

Everybody else was buying pinto's, gremlins, and chevette's...

You also have to remember 75 thru 85 were some really bad years for emissions equipment, my 82 with a factory rated 200 hp was still top of the dog pile ( IN 82 ) for horsepower.

:agree

:agree

Woot Woot