C6 Run Flats

az57chevy

A friend was looking to replace his run flats on the C6 and commented they are hard to find, especially the fronts.

He's tried the usual suspects - Discount, the local Goodyear shops and even Tire Rack. Firestone said two weeks and now they suspect the wait might be four weeks.

Anybody know of a in stock source?

Got mine pretty easily (Goodyears) @ Precision Tire. Just a little mom & pop shop in Tempe, but they will not scratch a wheel & do a perfect balance. They have awesome prices as well. My neighbor has a C-6 and got his tires there, he said they were the cheapest plus free mount & balance. Ph. # is 480-379-0711 ask for Paul. Tell them Classic Gold referred you, if want.

I need tires too. I tried two local Firestone stores and TireRack. They both said 4-6 weeks on "National Back order" for the Firestone wide ovals. I've heard great things about them and they're about half what the GY and Michelins are. Even if they don't wear as well I can do two sets for every one of the others. Just can't find em. :banghead

Any other suggestions or recommendations?

www.tirerack.com should have them in stock on the 20th.

$199 front - $278 rears.

Tire Rack Link

I think that's a wild azz guess on somebody's part. I called them Friday and they said 4-6 weeks. Sounds like the right hand isn't talking to the left as they say.

• 3 weeks later...
C. Battershell

I had a 2007 Coupe, that I replaced the front tires. I kept the old run flats, and replaced with F1 Eagles (not run flats) so I got a pair of factory front tires that have 10K miles on them. Since I sold the 2007 and bought a 2008 Z06, the tires do not fit either of the two Z06's that I have.

A friend was looking to replace his run flats on the C6 and commented they are hard to find, especially the fronts.

He's tried the usual suspects - Discount, the local Goodyear shops and even Tire Rack. Firestone said two weeks and now they suspect the wait might be four weeks.

Anybody know of a in stock source?

Discount got mine in stock in four days. The interesting part was they claimed the had to get the fronts from CA. When I went to get them mounted they said they had received four rears and I'd have to wait another 2 days but when I questioned it they said there were a pair of fronts at another store. I questioned why they didn't get those and the mgr told me the other store didn't want to give them up. I said WTF??? When I questioned if they weren't all the same corporation they suddenly were able to get them from the other store. The first poor customer service I've ever had from Discount. I hope it's not going the way of other major corps.

Guest Avenged87fold

Kind of off topic, but what kind of mileage are you guys having to change out the tires at?

Kind of off topic, but what kind of mileage are you guys having to change out the tires at?

I got 17k on my OEM Goodyears. Fronts probably had another 3-4k left but I changed them all.