NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I ran at speedworld

Drewstein

So I made all but two passes at Speedworld today and shattered an idler pulley which tore apart the 8-rib belt.

My runs were interesting to say the least. Launching this thing proved a difficult task as wheel spin is out of control in the first two gears. Here's a short video Siegren shot so you can get an idea of what I was going through in there.

VIDEO

One thing's for sure, I think it sounds great!

My best time was my first run of course since it still had a serpentine belt attached. It was a modest 11.7 at 140mph lol. I'll get some more seat time and rip off that mid 10 for you guys. :burnout2

-Drew

So I made all but two passes at Speedworld today and shattered an idler pulley which tore apart the 8-rib belt.

My runs were interesting to say the least. Launching this thing proved a difficult task as wheel spin is out of control in the first two gears. Here's a short video Siegren shot so you can get an idea of what I was going through in there.

VIDEO

One thing's for sure, I think it sounds great!

My best time was my first run of course since it still had a serpentine belt attached. It was a modest 11.7 at 140mph lol. I'll get some more seat time and rip off that mid 10 for you guys. :burnout2

-Drew

Sounds sweet! Bangin' that rev limiter a bit...

Guest Z01Mike

Good meeting you and the lady today Drew! Sorry about the Car! I would love a 11.7 but all i could muster was a 11.9! Anyways i look forward to running you one of these days!

Mike

I was great meeting everyone down there.

I must improve the 2.4 60' time which will be fun the the DRs. Practice makes perfect. With more than 2 runs I should get there lol.

Robert and Elizabeth

Congrats Drew!!!

You will improve with more seat time. It will be worth it.

You can go to a 12 rib belt you know. Less belt slippage that way. That is what we will run when we get our F1C.

R & E~

Congrats Drew!!!

You will improve with more seat time. It will be worth it.

You can go to a 12 rib belt you know. Less belt slippage that way. That is what we will run when we get our F1C.

R & E~

I'm not sure if it was belt slippage or what, but the idler pulley has been reduced to a bolt. I think the fix right now is to find a better constructed pulley...

Nice video Drew , kinda short though... Oh yeah, it was only 11.7 seconds long. LOL :smilelol Next time... and with some sticky tires and a good launch (60') you should get it down in the low 10s for sure. :burnout

Sounded good, even the rev limiter. (wink)

Drew, it was great meeting you and your lady at Speedworld on Saturday. Unfortunately you had problems, but I'm sure that you will get it back together. Enjoyed talking to the both of you on the way to Napa.

The 140 mph is a good indication of low 10 sec et's if you can hook it up.

Tom