NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Did I ever mention

Bigfoot

Dodge sux azz??

On our 2001 Durango I've already replaced the drivers left front window regulator twice. Well the back two have busted as well. I can buy the fronts for around $80 from just about anywhere. The rears are only available from the dealer...

at over $300 a pop!!!!!!

All I have to say is WTF???? It's a track with a plastic f$#%ing slide and metal carriage with an electric motor. It would cost over $600 to fix both!!! I just put a screw in them and now they don't move.

What a crock of pooh that is!!!

Sometimes the units can be flipped. If you are looking for the Right Rear, will the front (driver) left work? or the passenger front?

is it the plastic guillotine (sp) that failed? can you use JB weld? or did the moter fail?

that is a common problem with GM W platform cars 4 door units (2000-2006 gran prix, grand am, bonnivile, and impala)

Robert and Elizabeth

Your out of my leage here buddy, or I would chime in wtih somethinig worthwhile... :bolt:

Sometimes the units can be flipped. If you are looking for the Right Rear, will the front (driver) left work? or the passenger front?

is it the plastic guillotine (sp) that failed? can you use JB weld? or did the moter fail?

that is a common problem with GM W platform cars 4 door units (2000-2006 gran prix, grand am, bonnivile, and impala)

I don't know what you mean by the guillotine, but what has happened in all 4 cases is this:

There is a metal carriage attached to plastic slides that go up and down the track. There is also a cable that runs from the bottom and top of another plastic piece attached to the metal slide (guillotine?). A swedge from each end of cable goes into this last plastic piece. Over time and heat that plastic piece gets weak and the swedge pulls through and breaks that plastic piece. There is no way to get in and JB weld that plastic piece as I would have to break the plastic slides to get it off in order to do so...aside from that I don't think it would last or be very effective as it is such a small piece and I could not get enough on there to make it hold and still have it slide clear of the track.]

It is a VERY poor design in my opinion, but that's just mine. Then the fact that there are no after market suppliers is even worse.

I don't know why they would not be interchangeable, but even according to the Dodge guy all four are different part numbers. I know cables lenghts are different and I'm sure they've made the mounting holes different as well.

Thanks for the input though Chad