NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Convert your Optispark to D.I.S.

BSeery

Convert the OptiSpark (OptiPark) ignition system on your LS1 engines to Direct Ignition System

The Delteq Opti-Direct system solves most of the LT1's Opti-Spark problems by converting to a distributorless system similar to that used on the Cadillac Northstar engines. With high voltage removed from the Opti-Spark, the problems of cap & rotor wear, internal arc-over and cross-firing vanish. The rotor can be removed, preventing the problem of high RPM rotor failure, seen on many race applications.

The distributorless system consists of four high-output ignition coils, each firing two spark plugs. The four-coil system is able to produce longer charging time than a single coil system, even at high engine speeds, which means more energy to the plugs when it's needed most. The system is well-proven in its Northstar application with a stock redline of 6500 RPM and a recommended tune-up interval of 100,000 miles!

http://www.delteq.com/

and i hear that the install takes like 15 minutes - the only downside - is that if your opti is bad and the car is throwing codes, you MUST replace the opti BEFORE you can install this kit. - and if you're car is running fine, then it would seem that the ~$765 would be quite a sum of money on a car that doesn't have any problems.

i have researched this kit a bit, as there are a few guys over on CF that swear by them and their ease of install.

i need to spend that $700+ on things to make the car run NOW like the brake booster, the radiator, shocks, and fuel injectors!

and i hear that the install takes like 15 minutes - the only downside - is that if your opti is bad and the car is throwing codes, you MUST replace the opti BEFORE you can install this kit. - and if you're car is running fine, then it would seem that the ~$765 would be quite a sum of money on a car that doesn't have any problems.

i have researched this kit a bit, as there are a few guys over on CF that swear by them and their ease of install.

i need to spend that $700+ on things to make the car run NOW like the brake booster, the radiator, shocks, and fuel injectors!

Personally, I would fix the booster and then sell the car. Sell it before you have more in reapairs than the car is worth. See if you can get decent trade towards a C5 before you end up going down with the ship.

:mellow i was afraid someone was going to say that!

unfortunately it's all i have right now, so until my truck gets fixed it has to stay, at least until my house closes.

i got worried for a minute - thinking it was me who hijacked your thread - luckily it was YOU :thumbs