Love my valentine 1

jmartin

Once again my detector worked and saved my butt. On my way to work this morning on the 101 heading out to Luke AFB just as I came around the curve and passed bell road my detector went off pointing behind me and stayed consistant. After a couple miles of this the traffic behind me finally caught up to me and shure enough there was an officer on his spiffy new bike and he was definitely on the hunt. I was surprised when the guy coming up beside me flew past and the officer zipped around me and sped up to get in front of him and give him a wake up brake check, to which he immediately slowed to the speed limit. But the guy at the next on ramp wasnt so lucky when he found to his surprise after barreling past everyone to get in the fast last that he was closing in on the officers tail and quick. The officer very kindly changed lanes to let him pass then immediatly got back over and nailed him. The whole thing kinda gave me a chuckle, not that I'm a saint or anything behind the wheel just glad it wasnt me!

My Passport has saved my bacon many times. I just ordered a Valentine for Jenna. She's a throttle monster now that I put the magnaflows on her Jeep. I figure the detector is cheaper than the insurance whack. :lol

Nice story. Whew, almost, huh? But you know, radar detectors are for those who often speed and having a radar detector, one will often speed trusting the reliability in the detector. If you didn't have one like me, you would drive more cautious....But what is the fun in that with these cars? Maybe I should get one, huh?

I'm not one for blatant running on the freeways, but I sure would like one for when we go on cruises.

Would have saved me some serious pucker factor last Saturday when John got nailed. I was looking dead at ### when I saw him, way too late. Just lucky for me, Drew, and Butch that it was John that got popped. :( Sorry John.

Hate to say it, but in Germany, 120 mph was the average speed!!! And that was every day cruising!!! I was petrified when I got back I would get a ticket in less than 3 days.... So far so good....

Except within 45 minutes of landing and then 3 miles after getting my rental car when I returned to the USA.

RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrCRASH!!! Rear ended some guy.

Now USAA is going to jack up my insurance even though I have an 8 year clean history with them.

So, with $14,000 of wasted insurance payments over an 8 year period, they got to raise my premium to cover the most likely $2000 damages. So, for the next 2 or 3 years, I will be considered a HIGH RISK and I am about to lose my mind with the insurance company. If I am not mistaking, I saw my premium being adjusted upward of $295.26 every 6 months. That equates to nearly a 50% increase!!!!

They charged me $2000 a year in Germany and I had zero issues. Now this FLUKE will destroy my record.

Insurance companies suck.....

Robert and Elizabeth

I love our valentine 1 too! Saved our behinds numerous times. Once you go arrow, you can never go back.

E~

I'm not one for blatant running on the freeways, but I sure would like one for when we go on cruises.

Would have saved me some serious pucker factor last Saturday when John got nailed. I was looking dead at ### when I saw him, way too late. Just lucky for me, Drew, and Butch that it was John that got popped. :( Sorry John.

No sorry accepted. I was at fault and am now looking at getting a detector. :banghead:banghead:banghead:lol:lol:lol

Amen to that.

Insurance companies have adopted the "its not 2 for 1, its buy 1 get 1 free" philosophy.

My insurance company will not rasie your rates if you make a claim. But... if you DONT make a claim, they will rebate you 20% of your premiums for home, auto, life, the works if you are claim free for 3 yrs. A great deal one thinks. I can cash out a fender bender and be way ahead of the game.

Where is the catch? ANY claim on ANY seperate policy restarts the clock. I used to carry glass coverage. Thinking it was a seperate coverage which I paid extra for, I thought nothing of having a windshielf replaced. ZAP! There goes all of your rebates and your timer resets for a $300 windshield.

Lesson learned. :banghead

:agree

yes the analog pucker meter was pegged for several minutes there.

John you are right you where speeding and you got caught. We still feel bad for you if he didn't have his radar locked with your speed it would have been one of us. How is the slots treating ya'll we are going up week after so don't win all their money.

My personel experance is i relied too much on radar detectors when i had them.

Amen to that.

Insurance companies have adopted the "its not 2 for 1, its buy 1 get 1 free" philosophy.

My insurance company will not rasie your rates if you make a claim. But... if you DONT make a claim, they will rebate you 20% of your premiums for home, auto, life, the works if you are claim free for 3 yrs. A great deal one thinks. I can cash out a fender bender and be way ahead of the game.

Where is the catch? ANY claim on ANY seperate policy restarts the clock. I used to carry glass coverage. Thinking it was a seperate coverage which I paid extra for, I thought nothing of having a windshielf replaced. ZAP! There goes all of your rebates and your timer resets for a $300 windshield.

Lesson learned. :banghead

Who is your insurance company? Mine is USAA and they really Been SUCKING lately....

My buddy's wife has an Escalade and due to so many reports of Escalades and claims, they raised evryones premium who owned Escalades, can you image the BALLS of that? One day, you get a message in mail saying "Du eto teh high cost of premium payouts for this type of vehicle, we have raised the premium for all Escalade owners...." She was PISSED and they would not budge on teh increase. Now THAT is total BS!!!

So I am looking for another insurance company now. 8 years of accident, ticket, claim free.

One fluke which I couldn't prove the idiot cut into my lane drastically shortening my stopping distance, I rear ended him at about 10-15 mph.

They suck and I am going to tell them that today. Not to mention that being a First Sergeant, I will share my "opinion" with my unit and wran them of USAA's greed and lousy support for low risk, good drivers.

You'll be sorry if you get rid of USAA! I was hit by a guy with USAA and they were terrific to deal with on the claim. My Sister had their insurance during a claim for Hurricane Andrew and again she said they were terrific.

As for your friend's experience, that is better than them raising premiums for all vehicles. At least they are singling out the offenders, not passing it on to everyone.

My son has it and I tried to get it but couldn't. If I had it my son could get it but not reverse. I don't think you know what other insurance companies are like. Just my $.02!

You'll be sorry if you get rid of USAA! I was hit by a guy with USAA and they were terrific to deal with on the claim. My Sister had their insurance during a claim for Hurricane Andrew and again she said they were terrific.

As for your friend's experience, that is better than them raising premiums for all vehicles. At least they are singling out the offenders, not passing it on to everyone.

My son has it and I tried to get it but couldn't. If I had it my son could get it but not reverse. I don't think you know what other insurance companies are like. Just my $.02!

Ill add another $.02

there is a threshold for totaling a vehicle in an accident. Every car has a AGV (I think it stands for Adjusted Gross Value, but dont quote me on that). That is the Kelly book price, plus proven upgrades/mods (hardware, not labor). Depending on the policy most upgrades are at 1/2 or 1/3 value with a cap. If the cost of repairs equil 75% or more of the AGV it is considered totaled. Every company has a different number. USAA is at 60%. Geico is at 90%. Progressive is at 80%.

Are they bad? sure, but there are MUCH worse insurance companies out there.

Ive only been pulled over once since i got my Passport 8500 X50 two years ago, and that was for going sideways around a corner in my old mustang. got off without any paperwork tho.

so far the passport has saved my but i dont know how many times, and i will but one again this year since they just came out with a 9500. the valentine and the passport are so close, its really driver's preference. IMO

so far the passport has saved my but i dont know how many times, and i will but one again this year since they just came out with a 9500. the valentine and the passport are so close, its really driver's preference. IMO

I believe that the Valentine has a standing offer to upgrade their old ones when they have a new version, don't know about the other one. That's considerably cheaper than buying new ones..

I believe that the Valentine has a standing offer to upgrade their old ones when they have a new version, don't know about the other one. That's considerably cheaper than buying new ones..

indeed. that does sound pretty good.

John you are right you where speeding and you got caught. We still feel bad for you if he didn't have his radar locked with your speed it would have been one of us. How is the slots treating ya'll we are going up week after so don't win all their money.

The video poker pays about 85% here at Colorado Belle. I told Karen to make sure she leaves some money for one of the bros! :thumbs

Apparently, we also need to worry about other motorists using their cell phones to complain about our caravans. A young lady in a big hurry called to report "a caravan of Corvettes was holding her up" according to a LEO that snagged one of us. BTW...Love my V1 !!

I really love my valentine. Always saves me. Yes, I am addicted to speed. Anyway, I was having some trouble with my valentine as it was just going wacko, so I sent it in along with my credit card number and they did not even charge me and now it works like a charm. It is about 4 years old and working great.

I like the concept on the new Passport 9500i series with the built in GPS that keeps track of false positives and filters them out. All of the radar detectors I've had in the past were useless in the city due to all of the false positives.