NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Have a high HP vehicle?

Guest Ricmin

My new toy (BB Vega drag car) will still be on it's way home from Colorado.

I think Kevin needs to bring his twin turbo Vette and give them a run.

My new toy (BB Vega drag car) will still be on it's way home from Colorado.

I think Kevin needs to bring his twin turbo Vette and give them a run.

I used to have a 74 Vega up in Denver. It was a real sleeper. Rust, dented, ugly piss yellow paint and black wheels. Nothing flashy. Not loud at all. Hell, the Leos wouldn't even look my way. It was invisible. Proof of that is I drove it with expired Montana plates for a year and a half. I also drove it to work alot before someone actually asked why it had a cage and racing seats. :D

It ran 10.10s all day at Bandimere on drag radials. 5800 ft. I had a 406 SBC, built to handle the N20 in it. Glide, trans brake and 4 link narrowed 9" rear. The air breather just barely fit under the hood. Stock hood at that. I actually had people question me about it when I drove into gas station. They would say it didn't sound quite like a 4 banger. :thumbs

Bad side is it handled horrible. Very soft suspension and it was pretty scary up over 100 mph. Didn't stop worth a damn either.

Hrmm.. that looks like it might be interesting and worth going to.

I heard rumors that you both won and lost the event ---- details please.

Guest waymirec

I'm not quite sure what happened but the first run was taking a very long time (total time before we shut it down was 40 seconds). The guy that was running the car for me said the RPM's were climbing EXTREMELY slow and the HP climbed then dropped about 150hp or so then started climbing. Then the smoke started coming from the hood :eek Turns out a vacuum hose that was touching the manifold caught fire and melted. Turned into complete ash. Fortunately this happened AFTER I had already hit over 360hp, which was high enough to win the event. The next highest was somewhere in the low 350's. I will hopefully know more about what happened and what the fix is going to be on Tuesday.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Aww Damn Chris, sorry to hear that for you. So, was there a pretty good turn out then for the event? It sounded and looked like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, my car isn't quite up to the task of anything along those lines yet, but someday I hope to have her up there with all your HP hogs!

Take care,

Tanya

Guest waymirec

Their turnout was kind of weak.. but enough to make it atleast fun. Mostly alot of Evo's and other ricers. If I hadn't shown up the winner would have been a WS6 at 350 or so hp.

maybe i'll stay away from the high horsepower cars - seems then tend to catch fire more often than the lesser HP cars :leaving

but congrats on teh event win anyway!

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Fortunately this happened AFTER I had already hit over 360hp, which was high enough to win the event.

I shoulda gone :(

I'm not quite sure what happened but the first run was taking a very long time (total time before we shut it down was 40 seconds). The guy that was running the car for me said the RPM's were climbing EXTREMELY slow and the HP climbed then dropped about 150hp or so then started climbing. Then the smoke started coming from the hood :eek Turns out a vacuum hose that was touching the manifold caught fire and melted. Turned into complete ash. Fortunately this happened AFTER I had already hit over 360hp, which was high enough to win the event. The next highest was somewhere in the low 350's. I will hopefully know more about what happened and what the fix is going to be on Tuesday.

That is great that a Corvette guy won. :cool Even if my truck was running I don't think it would have stayed on the dyno. 40" tires.

maybe i'll stay away from the high horsepower cars - seems then tend to catch fire more often than the lesser HP cars :leaving

Trust me...

novelty2.jpg

Guest waymirec

It was a tiny little fire.. not enogh to roast one hotdog on.. maybe slightly toast a marshmallow.. but definitely not a hotdog!!

Guest AZ Power & Sound
It was a tiny little fire.. not enogh to roast one hotdog on.. maybe slightly toast a marshmallow.. but definitely not a hotdog!!

saw the car today down at xtreme :)

Guest waymirec

Yeah. Had it towed over there for Chad to look at. The guys at Vivid had some general ideas but they admitted not having any experience with C5's, so wasnt about to let them start muckin around in there.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Yeah. Had it towed over there for Chad to look at. The guys at Vivid had some general ideas but they admitted not having any experience with C5's, so wasnt about to let them start muckin around in there.

Good move! im sure Chad will take care of it