GM Resto Kit

Buccaneer

If anyone is interested, there is a so called "kit" from GM you can get for free. The "kits" cover from 1953-2004, excluding the 83 of course. One kit per year model year. Have your VIN ready when you call. I ordered mine for the 82 today, it will take a week or two to get here. Just thought if you didn't already know about this, it may help some members out in the future on a resto.

GM Restoration Kit

1-800-222-1020

What is this, the GM VIS sheet (kinda like a build sheet) that you can get at the dealer? Or is it more?

Thanks for the number!

I just tried to get a kit for my 86 and she had no idea what I was talking about. Oh well. Just an FYI, you might get someone who knows nothing.

She called me back and I take back what I said. She found out from someone else the information and now it is on its way.

Sorry, didn't know someone had already posted this. Oh well, its a reminder then. BTW: Its more than just a build sheet, more like a book. I'll let you know when I get it Phill.

Please do, I'd be interested.

As bad as GM's doing financially I almost feel bad getting free stuff from them. haha!

UPDATE: Good news, I recieved my resto kit yesterday via FedEX, wow that was fast. It's about 82 pages worth of info about an 82 and other info on resto parts, dealers, how-to's etc... I think its good info for the future and of course its FREE. FYI... It is all copies as well, not original material.

You know, I'm not sure, but I think it is for all GM vehicles from 53-04. Give them a call and check. There is a lot of good info spec wise on my 82.