NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Anyone want to try the STS turbo kit on their C5?

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Well... with the high numbers seen on a stock Z06 (556 RWHP at 6 PSI) im really curious to do a C5 STS kit... anyone interested? I iwll give a pretty deep deal on the kit as well as labor and include tuning and dyno time :)

damn - count me in, if my house sale goes through this week (like the investor says) then i'm buyin' a C5 - and i'll drive it RIGHT OVER!

Guest AZ Power & Sound
damn - count me in, if my house sale goes through this week (like the investor says) then i'm buyin' a C5 - and i'll drive it RIGHT OVER!

lemme know :) looks like the kits are making about 160 rwhp on a safe tune

Guest Sidewinder

Yeah, Mark just called me and told me I needed to look at this thread. We both have learned alot about that STS system and were thinking about it for my car. My only question is this....I hear from everyone that to put a FI type setup on a C5 it is best if it has only about 11000 to 27000 miles on the car. Is this true?

My car has just over 55,000 on it now and I am thinking a heads and cam and headers, and motor build up would be more beneficial at this point. I don't ever plan to sell my car (unlike another Corvette owner in this house) so Im not worried about investing too much money into it or doing what I want. But my problem is I drove someone's Z06 (all motor) insane in the membrane car ( You know who you are....KEN!)and I can't get it out of my system. My problem is I want power that feels like power (musclecar style).

I have owned turbo cars in the past and I understand how all that works on a FOUR cylinder, but Im lost when it comes to doing this on a V8.

Enlighten me a bit and....what kind of cash are we talking here? I can hold off on the racing seats and new carpet and other interior goodies and do something like this instead if the price is right. Also, is this an R & D (long-term) or (short-term) ordeal? How long would you have the car? Sorry for all the questions, but yes, Im interested if it all works out and my questions get answered. And of course, if Chris (TOGO) doesn't beat me to the punch, because he was the first to reply and I would never step on his toes.... :D You can pm me with the info if you want.

Thanks,

Tanya

EDIT: Of course, I just typed all of this on Mark's login....Dangnabit!

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Yeah, Mark just called me and told me I needed to look at this thread. We both have learned alot about that STS system and were thinking about it for my car. My only question is this....I hear from everyone that to put a FI type setup on a C5 it is best if it has only about 11000 to 27000 miles on the car. Is this true?

My car has just over 55,000 on it now and I am thinking a heads and cam and headers, and motor build up would be more beneficial at this point. I don't ever plan to sell my car (unlike another Corvette owner in this house) so Im not worried about investing too much money into it or doing what I want. But my problem is I drove someone's Z06 (all motor) insane in the membrane car ( You know who you are....KEN!)and I can't get it out of my system. My problem is I want power that feels like power (musclecar style).

I have owned turbo cars in the past and I understand how all that works on a FOUR cylinder, but Im lost when it comes to doing this on a V8.

Enlighten me a bit and....what kind of cash are we talking here? I can hold off on the racing seats and new carpet and other interior goodies and do something like this instead if the price is right. Also, is this an R & D (long-term) or (short-term) ordeal? How long would you have the car? Sorry for all the questions, but yes, Im interested if it all works out and my questions get answered. And of course, if Chris (TOGO) doesn't beat me to the punch, because he was the first to reply and I would never step on his toes....  :D You can pm me with the info if you want.

Thanks,

Tanya

EDIT: Of course, I just typed all of this on Mark's login....Dangnabit!

Hey Tanya! what year is your car? Ive found that the 97-00 cars tend to be less reliable at higher power levels then the 01+ due to the upgraded LS6 internals... On that same note though ive done some pretty rowdy setups on 97-98 cars with 90K+ on the odo with not a single issue! 50K on an LS1 isnt an issue at all as my car has that and it still sees near 600 rwhp flawlessly AND may see the STS kit shortly :)

As far as project time, the corvette kit is VERY time consuming as the majority of the intake piping is hidden in the fenders / rocker panels on the corvette. I would like to have the kit done in a week at most including dyno tuning etc. Kit pricing and labor rates will be set up on a sponsor type deal in which after you get the kit all you have to do on your end is make sure you tell everyone who put it on if they ask, hand a card or two out, and put a small 1.5 inch by 8 inch sticker on the lower portion of your rear window :) I have every color available and most people beg for the stickers so they arent that bad!

If you decide against a setup like this we still offer awesome deals on heads/cam packages from mild to wild!

the numbers on the C5 kits can be seen here:

http://www.ststurbo.com/c5_dyno

PM me for pricing and options on the kit :)