Kicker Sub and Custom C6 Box

TEXAZC6

I have an extra Kicker Solobaric L5 sub and can either give you the square box pictured or build one that fits in the rear hatch and still allows the top to be stored without interference.

If you are looking for other applications, I can build to suit as long as it can be made from wood.

Square box (incuding color choice of carpet) and sub $175

Custom C6 box and sub $200

Build to suit I'll have to estimate when I see what you want.

This is not a job I do on the side so there is only 1 for sale.

Here are the specs for the sub and a custom box can either be built sealed or ported but the airspace requirements vary greatly. Crutchfield link

Sub002.jpg

Sub004.jpg

Sub005.jpg

Great, wait until I spend all my milk money.

Then you put this up for sale..... :toetap

For you, I can work out low-interest financing. :lol

Do you need a detail???? :lol

What kind of amp would I need to push that???

That all depends on the rest of the system. If you're running all factory head unit and speakers, you'd only be able to use maybe 150 watts before it started to over power the audio. Nice part about that though is that you can turn the bass down on the factory speakers, allowing you to play them louder before they start to distort. If you have an aftemarket head unit and a 4 channel amp pushing the audio speakers, you could throw maybe 500 watts at it in a sealed enclosure, and about 400 in a vented enclosure. The sealed enclosure will give you much cleaner more musically accurate bass, while the vented will be substantially louder, but tends to get "Tuned" to a certain frequency range. I prefer the sound of sealed enclosures, but t's all personal taste.

You'll also want to be sure that you build the box to the correct displacement. For that sub, you only want about .65 cu ft. of sealed enclosure. Nice that it's a small box...

Do you need a detail???? :lol

What kind of amp would I need to push that???

I've got a little Orion amp that is small enough to fit in one of the storage boxes in the back of the C6. As my marketing dept. said above, if you are using the factory head unit, you can just hook it up as a line level input from the rear speakers and I put a remote gain controler in the center console. Turn the base setting on the radio down and you have adjustable base at hand rather than messing with the audio controls all the time.

Also, as stated, these subs need very little airspace to sound great. Minimum is only .88 cu. ft. but with some filler, you can go a little smaller than that. Personaly, I think they sound better with more power and a vented enclosure but I picked the wrong car for that.

When are you going to be up in town again? I can always get some measurements and work on the box for a while. Also, depending on the room you have, and how you want it built, I have an amp that is more than able to push it that I'll throw in CHEAP.

Is that a 10 or a 12? Looked like a 10 in the pics, and I'm fairly certain (but too lazy to look it up) that the 10's minimum is .5 cu ft. (sealed). I only run L7's, so maybe my figures are skewed to L7 specs, but I thought the L5's were about the same as far as displacement etc.

Either way... Far anyone interested, you can do DRASTICALLY worse than Solo-Baric Kickers. I've been running them for years, and throwing a lot of abuse at them, and they stand up to it all.

Is that a 10 or a 12? Looked like a 10 in the pics, and I'm fairly certain (but too lazy to look it up) that the 10's minimum is .5 cu ft. (sealed). I only run L7's, so maybe my figures are skewed to L7 specs, but I thought the L5's were about the same as far as displacement etc.

Either way... Far anyone interested, you can do DRASTICALLY worse than Solo-Baric Kickers. I've been running them for years, and throwing a lot of abuse at them, and they stand up to it all.

Guess I never really specified. It is an L5 12" 4 ohm sub. As stated, you can abuse the hell out of these things and they just keep coming back for more.

I don't see you on the Gila Bend cruise, but I will see about getting with you soon to talk about it. If no one else buys it then I'm going to have to talk Jammye into it... :banghead

I don't know how much difference there is between the C5 and the C6 for storage compartments, but it would be cool to see if it would fit. The only problem I see is that we tend to use the trunk some, and I will need to figure out a very sturdy grill to cover the sub, or figure out another way to mount it in the corner of something...

This will have to go with the factory stuff... for now anyway!

KIcker makes nice Grilles. Their 2008 model looks really cool.

That being a 4ohm sub... It's a dual voice coil, so it can be wired as either an 8ohm sub, or more preferrably for a single, a 2 ohm sub. Get more power out of the amp that way. I will warn you though tht it will be an adventure to find a spot for it in your vert. That 12" is going to want a full cubic foot in a small sealed enclosure, and that means a fairly custom box. You can use the center well in the trunk, but that eliminates your trunk, and you can only get .8 cu ft or so out of that well. If you like, you can peek in my trunk at the boxes I have for my 10s. They are fiberglassed in for a tighter fit, and they are only .65 cu ft or so. I have them in the corners of the trunk, and they come all te way in to the edge of the center well. The fact that you have a vert means the sub can't sit forward of the rear wells, or you couldn't stow the top. My top barely clears my amps when stowed.

Here's a couple pics...

vettestereo015sm.jpg

vettestereo014sm.jpg

vettestereo010sm.jpg

Man those 10's look huge, and Phil has a 12 !!

If it's going to take up the whole trunk I may have to rethink this....

Hence why I mention the issues... In a coupe, that 12 would be just fine. In the vert, there's just no room to afford losing... We can peek at my car and yours at the BBQ and I'll show you where things could work ifya like.

We can peek at my car and yours at the BBQ and I'll show you where things could work ifya like.

See ya then!!!

Can you build one for a C4 Coupe? How about one with my N2o bottle mounted between two woofs?

My only limitations are what can be made out of wood. As far as the subs go, unless you have to have two, one of these would be more than enough for a coupe. If you want two, there are lots of places to buy another and I can build the box for them. You're welcome to hear mine with one sub a small amp but if I had a bigger amp it would be pretty hard to sit in the car at any regular volume.

Depending on the size of the bottle and the way everything is run, I could come up with some pretty sweet mounting ideas to integrate into the sub box/amp rack.

Ya, with the shape of the C4 back end, you could do some awfully neat things. There's lots of room, and it's all fairly square. You could mount the subs at the back of the car facing forward, and run two rectangular ports forward and fire them rgt at the seats. Then mount the amps and N2O on top of the ports. Gonna be heavy, but would look and sound awesome...

• 3 weeks later...
Ya, with the shape of the C4 back end, you could do some awfully neat things. There's lots of room, and it's all fairly square. You could mount the subs at the back of the car facing forward, and run two rectangular ports forward and fire them rgt at the seats. Then mount the amps and N2O on top of the ports. Gonna be heavy, but would look and sound awesome...

Anyone else. I put this up on the MotherShip but would prefer to sell local.

Thanks,

Let me do some sketching and see what I can come up with.....I'm not really looking for thump so much as clarity, and some-

thing to insulate a little of teh resonance.