NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

WTF? Dodge....

Guest XLR8TNC5

Guest XLR8TNC5
From Dodge website

The Mopar Performance Stage 3R Turbo Upgrade Kit ($4199) turns the already fast SRT-4 into a racing machine. The 3R adds some manual tools that takes the car to another level. There is a control to spray the intercooler, change boost levels and a switch to change to high octane mode. On 93 octane, the SRT-4 cranks out 310 hp and 325 lb-ft. Hit the switch and stop by the racetrack for some 100 octane those numbers jump to 355 hp and 365 lb-ft. Very cool.

WTF???? This is just ridiculous. Im really pissed at GM right now. I was thinking about this. I could buy a FULLY loaded MOFO SRT-4, ADD the $4199 MOPAR STAGE 3 kit, run 100 -103 octane in this 2880lb car and KILL most C5's. (Unmodified of course) and lets not even talk about all the other v8 slow pokes out there, F-bodies, Mustangs, etc...

UGH! I never knew this about the Neons. The only problem with all of this, it is a NEON!

Holy crap is all I have to say. Dodge definitely has stepped up to a level that GM obviously can't keep up with. And this is from a 4 cylinder FWD car people! And before you start mentioning the traction issue, this car has been given a Quaife LSD and BF Goodrich GForce TA KDW's, and controllable suspension to address the traction issues. :burnout

Wow is all I can say....

Okay, so what mod should I do next on my Vette? Its obvious I NEED to do something considering some young punk with a Stage 3 SRT-4 could dust my ass at this point.

Lata all,

I just had to share what I found, as I totally freaked. I never knew all this.

I think the SRT-4's looks sweet for what they are. I have found new respect for Dodge. They are building cars I'm very interested in, unlike GM. Have you seen pictures of the Jeep SRT-8? One bad-ass looking SUV.

I can't believe GM can survive with other auto maker?s continuously taking chunks out of their market share.

They have a winner with the new Z, but how many of us can afford that car.

I feel your frustration, very hard to like GM.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I can't believe GM can survive with other auto maker?s continuously taking chunks out of their market share.

They have a winner with the new Z, but how many of us can afford that car. 

I feel your frustration, very hard to like GM.

No F bodies when the '05 Mustang is a hit, a GTO that looks like a Grand Am, an SSR w/ no horsepower, a front wheel drive Monte Carlo, a second rate PT Cruiser knock off, an overpriced XLR headed the way of the Allante, trouble ordering C6 verts and Z51 option, the Aztek, the popular Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota, the C5 prematurely retired, killing off Oldsmobile, a Z06 most can afford, the Solstice's rushed release to the public before it was ready (ooops, probably should not have mentioned that one)

AND that Saturn steering wheel in the $75K C6 Z06 is STILL buggin' the crap outta me.

Damn, almost forgot to mention my favorite! The plan to close the Desert Proving Ground, selling off half the property, deciding not to close it, leasing the sold off land back from the new owner, then not utilizing the leased back land!

The General needs an enema at the top.

I will take one swipe at Dodge. Four door Charger.nono.gif

Yeah, but if people could get over the name, it's not that bad of a car. Front end looks awesome.

I will take one swipe at Dodge. Four door Charger.nono.gif

Yeah, and GM put the "Nova" name on a POS car in the late '80's.

Guest Kens06

Now back to the subject!! :banghead

Tanya, your car is definitely strong enough to hold off any Neon!!

If you want some extra security, have Mark throw a 100 wet shot on for times you want to swat those gnats buzzing around your face!! :burnout:lol:lol

Ken

ok, so trying to stay on topic - not sure what the topic is, but i'm gonna give ya 2 cents.

first - the car has traction problems - at least the one i put some miles on did.

not sure if it had LSD, that may have come in in 2005.

second, you think GM cars have a "cheap" feel to them, go look at a neon. the SRT4 has NO changes to body or interior except for rear spoiler, front "scoop" which i believe to be functional, and sport seats (which i hear are right out of a viper - minus the leather)

quick YES - even without mods - the one i spent time in would walk away from my mustang (save the mustang "shots") all day long!

uncomfortable - HELL YEAH! well, at least for me it was those seats suck!

dash is really chaep, it does have carpet on the floor :leaving:leaving

however, i'd buy one for a DD - heck, that kind of power with a decent gas mileage - that would be sweet!

so - on to your car - 100 shot would take care of it, but if you don't know how much "juice" is in the bottle, that could turn out to be embarrassing.

if it were me - i'd go TTs or procharger! the way YOU drive, you'd pay for one or the other by taking into consideration on how often you were on the juice! i mean really - 10# bottle - $3.50/lb (estimate) $35 per fill up (again, estimates) let's say you are like me, you'd probably go through a "bottle" a week - i mean come on, i've seen you drive - so let's be realistic! that works out to be about $1820 per year - so in 3-4 years your P1 procharger with FMIC would pay for itself

again, all my "numbers" are hypothetical and may not represent actual figures used by you, or anybody for that matter. however, i would bet it's pretty close - you "could" go through a bottle on a friday night or perhaps a weekend! then where would you be for power.

(this is for glenn) now don't get me wrong, nitrous is GREAT and i WILL have it, but like yourself, it will be on top of some other ridiculous power adder like TTs or a procharger and only used for extreme emergencies only! :burnout

Guest XLR8TNC5

You would be surprised Chris. I sat in one the other day (SRT-4) ACR Stage II and the seats were AWESOME!!! I am currently looking for racing seats for my Vette and I am thinking about the same style as the SRT-4. But anyway, they do have an optional LSD in them now as well to assist with the traction. They alsohave adjustable dampers and other traction control and suspension adjustable crap on them. Amazing little car is all I can say.

I also like the dash with all the brushed aluminum and white gauges. I especially liked the pool ball grip on the stick shift. I was just really impressed with it. Now, if I could have test driven it, that would have kicked ass.

but..........its still not a VETTE!

Tanya