NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Speedworld Results from 1/13

Bob

Okay, here they are. Keep in mind, I have NEVER drag raced a car (or anything else) before. The car is a '98 Vert, A4, KB 2.6L and catback exhaust. Makes 469 RWHP, 499 RWTQ. This is on run flats.

I'm leaving out one run where I totally blew up at the line, got out of it, nailed it (blew up again) and coasted to a.....*cough* 19.4!!

Runs shown in the order I ran them. Shown as reaction time, 60', ET and top speed.

1.582 (best 60')

12.039 (best ET)

(these last three runs were done in a 22 minute span, car was getting hot)

114.34 (best top speed)

.210 (best RT)

So in the end, I think the car is capable of an 11.75 as is, even better with drag radials. I fought traction in 1st and 2nd in most runs with poor 60', and bounced the limited twice holding in 2nd too long.

I was paired up with Big Mike for three runs. Never beat him, he was running 11.8's at 123 and had a best of 11.50 with a top speed around 128.

Was a REALLY fun time.....I'm getting some DRAG RADIALS!!! :banannasword:

I posted in another thread, primarily to give thanks to Nic, but it was good meeting you Bob. Had a blast with you and the other guys today. :thumbs

I'm sure Mike will be on to post his stuff too.

You need to get your buddies that you brought out to sign-up on the forum. I told that other guy (can't remember his name now) about ACE, so hopefully he will as well.

Wow, Bob! :clap You got an eleven second 'vert there bud, no doubt about it ...once you get off them runcraps. :yesnod

Oh Bob, you're trying to make me feel better, LOL!

My best was 11.8 @ 125mph, with a 2.00 60'

I still have to find out how in the hell you pulled off a 1.58 60'!!!

That right there would drop me into the low 11's!

Z06.jpg

Yeah, nobody on Corvette Forum is believing I did a 1.5 60' on run flats...

Mike, In thought you did an 11.5 towards the end of the day? Maybe that was the bench racing we did at Applebee's afterwards....

Good times, total adrenaline rush.

On the down side, my trap speeds seemed low. I wonder if my tranny is going?? I could smell that bad boy cooking towards the end of the day.

Check underneath for any leaks dude. Remember there was some fluid in our lane. Maybe you just have a plug loose and seeping a little fluid.

Check underneath for any leaks dude. Remember there was some fluid in our lane. Maybe you just have a plug loose and seeping a little fluid.

Yeah I did, no leaks? My pumkin is "sweating" a little, but nothing has ever hit the ground.

Yeah I did, no leaks? My pumkin is "sweating" a little, but nothing has ever hit the ground.

That's a little too much information :smilelol

Guest Sidewinder
Oh Bob, you're trying to make me feel better, LOL!

My best was 11.8 @ 125mph, with a 2.00 60'

I still have to find out how in the hell you pulled off a 1.58 60'!!!

That right there would drop me into the low 11's!

Z06.jpg

SWEET pic Mike

I believe there was a problem with some of the short times in one of the lanes that day at speedworld. There was another guy with an f-body that was running mid 10s and on one of his passes it said he cut a 1.27 60' which is literally impossible at his level. There are 8 second cars that don't cut those 60's so it's very likely that one 1.5 60' you got was off because it would probably be a world record on run flats.

On the down side, my trap speeds seemed low. I wonder if my tranny is going?? I could smell that bad boy cooking towards the end of the day.

With all the power you are making it's very possible that your tranny is going especially if it's stock.

I believe there was a problem with some of the short times in one of the lanes that day at speedworld. There was another guy with an f-body that was running mid 10s and on one of his passes it said he cut a 1.27 60' which is literally impossible at his level. There are 8 second cars that don't cut those 60's so it's very likely that one 1.5 60' you got was off because it would probably be a world record on run flats.

With all the power you are making it's very possible that your tranny is going especially if it's stock.

Yeah Nic, I overheard one of the guys saying they thought the timing devices were goofing.

I saw those two black F-Body's doing mid-10.7's, WOW, wonder if those were real???