NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Has anyone seen one of these in action

Jester

I was just wondering if anybody out there has seen one of these systems on a corvette with the DEI CryO2 Air Intake Assembly? It sounded logical that it would work but also seems like it would restrict the amount of air flow on the intake. Who knows it may just be smoke and mirrors.

CRY-02 system

It's a logical approach to a normal problem, but I think I agree with you about restricting the intake air...

Plus the added weight!

I did not read their whole thing, but it really seems kind of cheesy. Cooling the intake charge does help with power, but if you're looking for a "hit" why not just go nitrous instead? Still have a bottle to fill no matter what and there you have proven systems.

My call on it would be that I would think it not anywhere near as useful on a NA car as a boosted car. Under boost with all the added heat of compressed air, something like this may be useful. On a non boosted car, results IMHO would be neglegible. I like the idea of running this system across the intercoolers to keep them chilly willy. There I think you would see you greatest improvement.

its supposed to work with FI systems. Ive seen the intercooler kits before but never the Throttlebody unit.

Cliff Clavin Fact

8bbw435e.jpg

The ford lighting was produced with a supercharger. and there was a Factory option that enabled the driver to use the cooling effect of the A/C compressor on the Intercoller for a breif increase in HP.

its supposed to work with FI systems. Ive seen the intercooler kits before but never the Throttlebody unit.

Cliff Clavin Fact

8bbw435e.jpg

The ford lighting was produced with a supercharger. and there was a Factory option that enabled the driver to use the cooling effect of the A/C compressor on the Intercoller for a breif increase in HP.

I think that was only on the concept Gen 3 Lightning that hasn't been released yet. The Gen 2's didn't have it though for sure.

Ran one on my Turbo MR2 for awhile. I set it up to cool the intake bulb at 14 psi and up and then start spraying the intercooler any time I went over 21 psi of boost. This allowed me to run 28-30 psi of boost, which is where the fuel injectors ran out of steam...