NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Another Mod Day

Grape Ape

Well, here it is. The finished product. Another Mod out of the way. Had to wait for the Brake Pads to come in though. Let me know what you think. Dun Good, Huh? Tim, You were RIGHT!! 0c330c02.gif

Elf-WhosYaDaddy.jpg

Before.................

1998Corvette-79.jpg

After...................

1998Corvette-0129.jpg

After Market Chrome C6 Z06 wheels, Powder Coated Calipers (Candy Purple), Drilled & Slotted Rotors, New Back Tires, SS Brake Lines, New Hawk HPS Pads, SS Brake Covers, Speed Bleeders on all 4. I think that's about it. Oh wait, I installed some Chrome looking letters as well. Last picture.

1998Corvette-0131.jpg

1998Corvette-0126.jpg

1998Corvette-0134.jpg

Hey...you stole my wheels. :toetap

:lol Seriously, she looks nice. I've been thinking of a brake upgrade myself. Where'd you get the parts and how much if you don't mind me asking? Love those calipers too. :thumbs

Hey...you stole my wheels. :toetap

:lol Seriously, she looks nice. I've been thinking of a brake upgrade myself. Where'd you get the parts and how much if you don't mind me asking? Love those calipers too. :thumbs

Sorry for stealing... I usually try not to do that..... :o But I love the look of these wheels for some reason.

Well, I'm kind of an E**y whore. I got most of it from there. The wheels are the stock C5 Z06 sizes, not C6 sizes. I got them from TomZWheels. The calipers I got from the other forum from member Corvette Pilot. He does powder coating and you have to exchange your old ones for the colored ones. Unless you want to keep them and give up the $300 core charge. The brake lines, SS covers, Hawk pads and I guess everything else was from the auction sight. I have to quit doing that!!! I think I have a problem. :cfdeadagain I will never do business with RotorPro's again though. They lost my order and it took 2 weeks to get the darn pads in. Just got them today and they were all I needed to finish the job about a week ago. All in all, I think it cost me about $550 without the wheels and tires. With them it might have been closer to $1700. :money eyes: Don't tell the wife though if you ever see her!! The car was up on stands for a total of 2 weeks. I think I was going through withdrawls from not being able to drive it. :scareddriver:

Aw man! You suck! Those pics have me totally craving some grape soda, and there is no way I'm going out at this hour to get some :drinkers

I told the wife we need to bed the brakes real good so tomorrow night I am going to be at Big Earl's. This is the only weekend I can do this so I am going to be there one way or another. :rockon2:

Aw man! You suck! Those pics have me totally craving some grape soda, and there is no way I'm going out at this hour to get some :drinkers

WOW!!! Nice. I always have grape soda in the fridge.

That color always did look cool.

I was going to buy one the same color back in the 90's and black it out sort of like this...

1998Corvette-0129.jpg

I've been toying with that idea as well. I had the plastic covers on everything but I just didn't like the way they looked. Would rather have them look factory if that's possible. Painted or tinted would look better.

I was going to buy one the same color back in the 90's and black it out sort of like this...

1998Corvette-0129.jpg

I've been toying with that idea as well. I had the plastic covers on everything but I just didn't like the way they looked. Would rather have them look factory if that's possible. Painted or tinted would look better.

Let me know if you need any help with tinting the lights. I've been doing it for years, and have perfected it pretty well with using a tinted paint and wet sanding to achieve a factory look...

1116071931.jpg

You have to get some vanilla ice cream and make a grape float :yesnod

What pads did you get?

I got the Hawk HPS. So far they seem to work pretty well. Course, it's only been a couple days now.

1998Corvette-0129.jpg

Let me know if you need any help with tinting the lights. I've been doing it for years, and have perfected it pretty well with using a tinted paint and wet sanding to achieve a factory look...

1116071931.jpg

You have to get some vanilla ice cream and make a grape float :yesnod

I've been toying with that idea for a while now. Was wondering what it would cost and how much down time there is involved. Where are you located at so I can see what you've done. It looks like you did yours. I like 'em.....