NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

What a place I found for SAFE tire mounting

Guest LikeNu2

Guest LikeNu2

I just had my goodyears changed over from the stock z06 wheels to a new set of chrome z06 wheels. I went to Fletchers Tire and Auto center on Carefree Highway in the Home Depot shopping center. The tech Mat did an awsome job. They have a machine that I have never seen before. It has an attachment that is specially made to break the bead on run flats. He took a lot of time and attention to being careful. At $20 per tire I thought that it was well worth it. They have gained a customer out of me after seeing how careful they were with my car. Hey they would not even drive it into or out of the bay. :thumbs:thumbs I have to give them 2 thumbs up for that one.

JoeB

sweet - i'll take that into consideration - even though i won't have run flats - they are close enough to my house! :D

Guest LikeNu2

The z06 does not use run flats either but he used the attachment to break the bead rather then prying thm loose. He also used it to set the bead after remounting. Quality work.......hard to find sometimes.

JoeB

• 1 month later...
The z06 does not use run flats either but he used the attachment to break the bead rather then prying thm loose.  He also used it to set the bead after remounting.  Quality work.......hard to find sometimes.

JoeB

You said it.... We don't have a new Vette but it's the same way with older cars too. Some places just don't seem to take pride in what they do. It's a damn shame...

Andrew

Edit: I mean Melissa dosen't have a new Vette.... :P