NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

K&N on 2008 Z06

bigmike32172

I picked up a used one of these from a member on the forums, but just found out that K&N hasn't released one for the 2008.

I already installed this thing on my car and it went right in like it was made for it although it is for a 2007. I called K&N and asked them if it will be fine, but of course the guy in tech didn't know.

My question is: has anyone with an 08 done this yet and has it worked fine for them?

If it was designed for the 07 and it fits on yours and is working fine I don't see what it could possibly hurt. I assume by working fine that it's not throughing any codes, etc. I'd stick with it if I was you.

I gave K&N a call this morning and the 08 model hasn't come out yet, although the guy I talked to in tech seemed a little brain dead and couldn't tell me what the difference was between the 07 & 08.

I'm not sure why they would have a different design for an 08 anyways, as there hasn't been any changes to the Z06 for the past 3 years now.

Maybe contact Ken Daby to see if he is using one on his. His email is membership@elpasocorvettes.com Ken is the Treasurer & NCCC rep for El Paso Corvette Club whom I am a member. We were both winners at Corvettes & Ghost Riders along with Glen from Tucson

Official AzzHat ----------------------- Ken ---------------------- Glen

I didn't think there were any updates to the '08 LS7 engine. I also wouldn't think that the steering/interior upgrades to the '08 would affect the front where the K&N would fit. I think they are getting confused between LS2 and LS3, which doesn't affect you...

I didn't think there were any updates to the '08 LS7 engine. I also wouldn't think that the steering/interior upgrades to the '08 would affect the front where the K&N would fit. I think they are getting confused between LS2 and LS3, which doesn't affect you...

I'm thinking it should be fine. I'm waiting for this wild Mexican monsoon to go away so I can take her out around town and see if it throws any codes, and also how it feels, especially with that extra 30 more HP that K&N claims! LMAO! If that was only true!

Yes and if you do the nuts up properly it adds another 15. :smilelol:smilelol

Hey don't laugh! I have been thinking up a new free bee mod... if you remove your tire valve stem caps you will lose some rotating mass.

Remember, you heard it here first! :yeah: