NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

God forbid you look aftermarket at all

Guest XLR8TNC5

quote...

Several cities have drag-racing ordinances that allow police to auction off seized cars and keep the profits.

I guess it's more fun to catch the came cars a second time around.... :crazy

Who knew putting stickers on would be stupid. :willy

no wonder i hate california so much

those politicians are sooooo stupid - guess i'll take my "vacation funds" somewhere else - like perhaps texas?!

In practice, "excessive exaust noise" tickets are the most common violation. California law does not require police to measure sound levels objectively. Instead, according to the California Highway Patrol, the "citation is based on officer's judgment."

As a retired LE Officer this statement scares me! There are alot of things that can be left to LE's judgement. I really get scared when they start talking about impounding and auctioning a vehicle. I did alot of these in my time for drugs and everyone was up for review by a judge if the owner wanted a hearing.

It's pretty clear when a person is in possession of drugs vs a judgement call on someone's behavior.

My youngest son used to drive a lowered and tinted Civic when he was in his teens. Granted it didn't have a fart can or stickers but it did have a large aluminum spoiler. I can say in all honesty that I have no doubt he never "drag raced" this civic. He had a cop stop him one night about midnight when he was on his way home from one of the two jobs he worked at the time. I know in my heart the cop thought he would catch a smartazz oriental kid and instead got a straight A white student that was nothing but "yes sir" and "no sir" He lectured him about his limo tint after "inspecting" under his hood. This type of LE pizzes me off big time!

I can only say that the ricer street racers have brought this on. I don't mean some one that legitimately drives and mods an import, I mean the true ricer street racer.

On a side note, I have responsibility for CC fraud in the CA geographic area for the bank I work for. We can't get ID theft and fraud prosecuted because of manpower shortages. Kinda makes you say hmmmm! :huh

Almost as bad as New Jersey over there...

Maybe they should change their signs...

Welcome to the People's Republik of Kalifornia.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I can only say that the ricer street racers have brought this on. I don't mean some one that legitimately drives and mods an import, I mean the true ricer street racer.

:withstupid It's the few idiots that performance mod a standard econo car, but have NO idea how to handle what they've created, then go out and kill innocent bystanders while f'n around that will ruin it for EVERYONE else. If CA can get away with their "Drag-Nets", you know where it will happen next.

it's not so much that they don't know how to handle that monstrosity that they think has power - it's the fact taht they have to PROVE IT to EVERYBODY! and we all know they don't prove it at the track!

92ZR1Wannabe
Welcome to the People's Republik of Kalifornia.

HAHA Somebody beat me to posting that.

All i can say is hopefully the big one will hit and she'll all plumet into the pacific.

Although that means there all gonna move here and ruin all the things we love about Arizona.

HAHA Somebody beat me to posting that.

All i can say is hopefully the big one will hit and she'll all plumet into the pacific.

Although that means there all gonna move here and ruin all the things we love about Arizona.

and what might that be? that fact that it's NOT Kalifornia?

would be cool, then that country song - ocean front property in arizona would actually be true