NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

LS1 to LS2....can it be done?

Guest Azflyboy

Guest Azflyboy

Ok...I know that this question has probably been asked a thousand times, so forgive me please, but can I put an LS2 intake, fuel rails, 42# injectors and throttle body on my LS1 motor without having any problems? I know that the pistons are bigger in the LS2 and it would make since to me that if I got rid of the pressure regulator on the LS1 rail that I would have to much fuel dumping into the engine, but could I set the tune to regulate the amount of flow? Anyway, if anyone has done this succesfully, please let me know just how to go about doing this.

Thanx

Ok...I know that this question has probably been asked a thousand times, so forgive me please, but can I put an LS2 intake, fuel rails, 42# injectors and throttle body on my LS1 motor without having any problems? I know that the pistons are bigger in the LS2 and it would make since to me that if I got rid of the pressure regulator on the LS1 rail that I would have to much fuel dumping into the engine, but could I set the tune to regulate the amount of flow? Anyway, if anyone has done this succesfully, please let me know just how to go about doing this.

Thanx

Hi Ken,

Your kidding right ? this is already done. and to your car infact.

G

Thanx

Hi Ken,

G

Does someone not know what they have done to their own car? :smilelol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Azflyboy

Thanx

Hi Ken,

G

Does someone not know what they have done to their own car? :smilelol

I just saw this post reply....................the answer is NO!! I don't know.......and ya wanna know why? Because I am sitting in Afghanistan and have been between here and Iraq for the last 6 months (this time anyway) and my car has been left in the care of Greg, and what he is doing to my car (all things good no doubt) sometimes I'm not privy too. We were looking into this before I left and didn't know that he had already taken care of it. So before ya start LOL, ya might want to know the circumstances before you asume what is going on.

I just saw this post reply....................the answer is NO!! I don't know.......and ya wanna know why? Because I am sitting in Afghanistan and have been between here and Iraq for the last 6 months (this time anyway) and my car has been left in the care of Greg, and what he is doing to my car (all things good no doubt) sometimes I'm not privy too. We were looking into this before I left and didn't know that he had already taken care of it. So before ya start LOL, ya might want to know the circumstances before you asume what is going on.

My bad, did not know you were out of town. I think there is another thread that does talk about this though.

I just retired, so I know your pain. Thanks for serving. :flag

Guest Azflyboy

Hey man, thanx for that, and no worries! I hope to see ya at the SIR event on March 29th. I will be home on vacation at that lookin to rip it up. If all goes well I will have the STS twin turbos put on the car to see what she'll do.

Thanx again,

Ken