NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

any guitar players on the board?

Togo

searched high and low and found guitar cursors - i thought they were pretty cool, and thought i'd share - hope the ZIP file uploads!

enjoy!

guitars.zip

• 4 weeks later...

hey donbecker - i take it that means you play - got any good places for me to start?

i'm just learning - and am having a blast right now trying to figure out EVH "Eruption" (come on, don't pretend you don't know who this is)

3,503 lbs of trouble
i'm just learning - and am having a blast right now trying to figure out EVH "Eruption"

Eruption, every NOOB's obsession :lol

about as close to guitar playing I will ever get is that a buddy left me his 4 string bass before he moved back to NY. I plan to clean it up, replace all the hardware with polished stainless and paint it with some really cool airbrush work and hang it on the wall.

i'm just learning - and am having a blast right now trying to figure out EVH "Eruption"

Eruption, every NOOB's obsession :lol

perhaps - but does every "noob" have about 25% of the song learned - and can play that 25%?

:D

Guest XLR8TNC5

I know I live with the world's best air guitarist. Does that count? Actually, he plays the drums, but his air guitar is really fun to watch.

Late,

hey donbecker - i take it that means you play - got any good places for me to start?

i'm just learning - and am having a blast right now trying to figure out EVH "Eruption" (come on, don't pretend you don't know who this is)

I used to be able to play it, been awhile, I'm rusty @ the two-hand tap.

The powertab most likely has it, there is a way to slow down the tempo so you can practice at a sane speed before attempting full on EVH...

Also, alot of the fast stuff is really about position, you need to pay attention to the little stuff to be able to transition and move fast.

Let me know if there are some parts in particular giving you fits...

I used to be able to play it, been awhile, I'm rusty @ the two-hand tap.

The powertab most likely has it, there is a way to slow down the tempo so you can practice at a sane speed before attempting full on EVH...

Also, alot of the fast stuff is really about position, you need to pay attention to the little stuff to be able to transition and move fast.

Let me know if there are some parts in particular giving you fits...

it all gives me fits - while i want to learn it ALL RIGHT NOW i realize that's not incredibly feasible - so i'm taking it slow, trying to find songs i can play all the way through, so i can show some sort of accomplishment - this is proving to be difficult as well - got any suggestions????

What kinda music are you listening to right now?

It feels really good to listen to a song @ work or on the way home, then go home and learn how to play it.

well frankly i don't see that happening - i listen to van halen ALL DAY - a little sammy hagar, a little queesryche, and some ozzy!

so those are my "targets"

but - do you have any songs that might be a little easier for me to play all the way through that i can pull tabs for?

Heh.

You don't listen to anything besides EVH?

Tell you what..

I'm working on an audition for tomorrow night (singer/guitarist)...

Try these...

1. Machine Head - Bush

2. Jenny (8675309) - Tommy Tutone

3. What I Like About You - The Romantics

There should be power tabs for those...let me know how you do...